07/2013
Country
DE
State
Germany
City
Jossgrund
Hi everybody,
Can sometone tell me how much Supplementation of Vitamine D is needed . I've read up to 10 times higher than usal. Could that be?
ever give up!
Arda

Sorry, of course: Never give up!

.I grew up in Honolulu and don't seem to be very good at converting sunlight to vitamin D. I take 6000 international units once a day and 50,000 prescription units once a week. That is gotten my blood level to 32 but they just tested it and we may up it. If you're buying vitamin D retail make sure it is USP, which is a purity standard. It needs to be a gel cap. Hope that helps. I would start by knowing what your blood level is now

.I grew up in Honolulu and don't seem to be very good at converting sunlight to vitamin D. I take 6000 international units once a day and 50,000 prescription units once a week. That is gotten my blood level to 32 but they just tested it and we may up it. If you're buying vitamin D retail make sure it is USP, which is a purity standard. It needs to be a gel cap. Hope that helps. I would start by knowing what your blood level is now

My vitamin D is low. I have been taking vitamin D3 tablets 2000 units daily. Can you please explain why the USP purity standard is better & where i might find the gel caps.

My doc said injections were not doing any thing and had me stop

Glad to. USP is a voluntary standard that tests the drug for for content and lack of impurities. No supplements are regulated by the federal government and in less they go through this process, heaven only knows what's in them. Nature made vitamins are all USP, some of the are USP. It's a small shield on the side of the bottle. If you're out pharmacy the pharmacist will know right off. USP stands for United States pharmacopeia. You want to gel Capsule Because the D3 which is normally what you're looking at and it it needs that formulation to be absorbed. Hope this helps. Kroger's has got great pharmacists as does Walgreens. Hope this helps.
Hollister

Thanks Hollister :smile: I appreciate the info. Will get the gel caps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back