Vita-Mix Recipies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Joel. I just got one for pancakes and blueberry syrup that I am going to try for us and pureed for mom.

Thanks!

We just loaned Dad our Vita-Mix, so these links are perfect!

Blend up a batch of this heart-healthy drink in just 1 minute!

Citrus Carrot Cocktail

Nutrition Information:

Yield: 2 cups (480 ml)
Speed: Variable to High
Time: 1 minute

Ingredients
1 cup (240 ml) pineapple with juice
1/2 cup chopped carrots
1/8-inch (3 mm) slice lemon, with peel
1 cup (240 ml) ice cubes

Directions
1. Place all ingredients into the Vita-Mix container in the order listed and secure lid.
2. Select Variable 1.
3. Turn machine on and quickly increase to Variable 10, then to High.
4. Blend for 1 minute or until desired consistency is reached.

Health Classification:Low Fat, Low Sodium, Low Cholesterol, Heart Healthy, Gluten-Free, Vegetarian, Vegan, Raw

Meal Type: 5 Ingredients or less, Beverages

Thank you! We have an old one and I so appreciate the recipes. :]

Make the most of your crop with this fast, fresh pasta-topper!

Creamy Pasta Primavera

Nutrition Information:
Yield: 4 cups (960 ml)
Speed: Variable to High
Time: 3-4 minutes

Ingredients
1 pound (454 g) dry pasta
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons (20 g) chopped onion
2 garlic cloves, peeled, minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/4 cup (60 ml) white wine
1 2/3 cups (400 ml) milk, skim or soy
1/4 cup (60 ml) light butter spread
1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper
1/4 cup (30 g) flour
2 cups (480 g) fresh vegetables, cut into small pieces (try broccoli, mushrooms, cauliflower and zucchini)

Directions
1. Cook pasta in boiling water for 10 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
2. In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over low heat. Add onions, garlic, oregano, thyme and rosemary and saute. Add wine and bring to a boil.
3. Place milk, butter spread, salt, pepper, flour and sauteed mixture into the Vita-Mix container and secure lid.
4. Select Variable 1.
5. Turn machine on and quickly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
6. Blend for 3-4 minutes or until thick.
7. Steam vegetables until just tender. Pour sauce over fresh cooked pasta and vegetables.

Note: Substitute whole wheat pasta to add extra fiber and protein. To make dairy free, substitute soy milk for skim milk. Nutrition information is based on complete recipe of pasta and sauce.

Health Classification:Heart Healthy, Vegetarian

Meal Type:Sauces

sorry people but you made me think of a question-do you want low fat as i thought you need to keep weight up , hope i don't sound to confussed

LOL. Good point! I guess these would be great for CALS. But the recipes could be modified to include fattening things. Use your imagination to create more appropriate concoctions.

ok thank you want to make sure i know what i have to ,so i can do things right i could never forgive myself if i did something wrong and found out too late

You are absolutely correct in reminding us we need to have a high calorie diet. It is imperative to keep your weight up.

Now that I have my trache and vent and am no longer expending excessive energy just to breathe I am starting to have the opposite problem. After loosing 80 pounds before my trache I am now getting a big belly and feel bloated all the time so these recipes are just what I need.

But the beauty of the Vita-Mix is that it will liquefy anything so a person can experiment and put whatever they want into it. It will even liquefy a steak in seconds.

Pumpkin Pie Smoothie

Yield: 2 1/4 cups (540 ml)
Speed: High
Time: 30 seconds

Ingredients
1/2 cup (75 g) fresh or canned pumpkin
1/2 cup (120 ml) skim milk
1/3 cup (80 ml) fat free sweetened condensed milk
1 tablespoon low fat vanilla yogurt
1 scoop protein powder
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 cup (240 ml) ice cubes

Directions
1. Place all ingredients into the Vita-Mix container in the order listed and secure lid.
2. Select Variable 1.
3. Turn machine on and quickly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
4. Blend for 30 seconds or until desired consistency is reached. Top with whipped cream and a dust of cinnamon.

*Using Fresh Pumpkin
In place of canned pumpkin, remove seeds and place a whole pie pumpkin in the oven and bake at 325°F for 1 hour, or until a knife can be inserted through the peel. (Do not underbake, or pie will be watery.) Discard peel. Refrigerate or freeze excess pumpkin.

Health Classification: Low Fat, Low Cholesterol, Heart Healthy, Vegetarian

Meal Type: Beverages

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum! I got my Vitamix 5200 last year from Costco and I am blown away by how incredible it is. I use it just about every day now. I can't believe I can make my own ice cream! and almond milk. The vegetable cocktails are amazing. I'm developing a product that has to do with Vitamix. Send me any question you have related to the Vitamix blender via this link and I'll send you a free copy of the product when it is finished. I want to make sure I answer everyone's questions! Really excited to hear your responses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at the Vitamix site and see three sizes of containers 32, 48 and 64. To use for peg food what size works best or does it matter?

I would think the smallest would be the best. We have an old one but it works great. Esp if you are making food as you use it as opposed to freezing it...either way, I would go with the small one.

Do most of you make ahead or grind up supper? If it is frozen do you just microwave it? Do you just make a lot of smoothies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back