Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
california
City
monterey
Just a question that someone may be able to answer.

How difficult is it to get Rilutek through the VA? I have diagnosed of ALS from ALS clinic in San Francisco and an appointment with a VA neurologist next month.

Any info or opinions welcome.

REDNECKCA

Hi Redneck. We have a lot of Americans on site. I'm surprised no one has answered your post yet. Hang in there.

Hi Redneck, I am a vet. with recent diagnosed of ALS. I haven't tried to get meds from the va yet, so I can't answer your question. I just wanted to let you know, if you don't, that the va has set up a registry for vets with ALS. You can find a link to the people who are running the registry at the VA's web site.
Good luck, Bob.

If you have a problem with the V.A.
try the NORD
NATIONAL ORGANIZATION OF RARE DISORDERS .
I have been receiving rilutek through these guys from the beginning and no snafu .
check with your neurologist they should have a contact or try the als community in your area .

I have the phone number of the NATIONAL ORGANIZATION OF RARE DISORDERS (NORD )in case V A affairs isn't working on the rilutek issue .It will require a doctors script for them to supply the meds.But here's the number and good luck .
800 - 459 - 7599

Hi Redneck. I was recently diagnosed with als and refered to VA. VA has a catastrophic catagory where you don't have to meet income guidelines. I have my first appointment with VA next month. Although I am on Tricare and get my meds through them, I was told you can get rilutek through VA for about eight dollars a month. (sure beats $900) I will need va help with wheel chair etc in the near future. Hope this helps. Als diagnosed qualifies for catastrophic illness.

Jerry

Thanks, People. That May Help.

Redneckca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back