Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
01/2020
Country
UK
City
Preston
I have just found this site after a couple
Of days of searching als symptoms and convincing myself I have it , so basically my friend was diagnosed 2 weeks ago aged 37 and we are currently trying to do some charity work to help him and his family , but since he was diagnosed I have been looking in to it and set my mind racing with worry , so basically at the bridge of my nose for 3 weeks I have had a constant twitch on the bridge of my nose prob twitches every 2 mins all day every day ,and a burning feeling in my legs and feet and some pain in my calves and now starting to notice the twitches all over my body in different places but not non stop as on the nose , I’m sorry if this sounds stupid but would love some advice on what the actuall symptoms are instead of checking every other site on google . Many thanks for any advice

We don't provide laundry lists of symptoms, as this would promote exactly what you're doing -- taking someone else's health issue and running away with it, mentally.

Try hydrating and making sure you have enough potassium, magnesium, calcium and sodium in your diet. Produce and watching out for "junk food" are helpful. A drop of magnesium lotion on your nose bridge might be of benefit.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. He will be happy for your support, I'm sure, and, of course, please feel free to make him aware of these forums.

Best,
Laurie

I’m sorry if I offended you atal I wasn’t meaning to put anyone on the spot to give me information just so much different information about spasms /twitches on line and wanted to ask someone rather than read different sites about symptoms , sorry again and thank you I certainly will tell him .

If you read the read before posting thread at the top of this subforum you should ve reassured

We're not offended, just telling it like it is. Stop reading, start living, help your friend.

I feel really stupid messaging this site again and I no it’s not a anxiety forum but I have suffered all my life with health anxiety but been fine for many years now , as you no my friend was diagnosed with mnd since then I have obviously googled what it was as didn’t really no much about it and since then I have had thr twitch that won’t go away above my nose and In other parts of the body and now I feel like I am slurring some words and numb around the mouth I have asked friends if I sound different but they say no the same but feel I can’t pronounce some words properly, keep reading paragraphs and struggling with some words I’m so confused to if I should be worrying about mnd or if health anxiety can really cause all these symptoms , because I haven’t been hyperventilating or having attacks I have just been thinking and googling a lot , sorry of this is a strange message I’m just going out of my mind

You're right about it not being an anxiety support forum. It exists to provide the most basic of information for those who have a couple questions, but it is not a replacement for proper medical attention. Please visit a place like No More Panic if you feel reluctant to visit with a doctor or counselor. There you will find peer support much more appropriate to your needs.

I'm sorry that you're in such distress, but please realise that it is not the job of the folks here to handhold your health anxiety. It is an incredibly unfair thing, when you are so (physically) healthy, to turn to a forum of dying individuals to help you out. The folks have kindly given you their opinion. You have two choices, believe them and start living, or don't, and continue down this unhealthy path. It's up to you, but I'm sure the latter path doesn't feel too good.

Best of luck to you and again, I'm sorry about your friend.

I apolagise I was just trying to understand the symptoms more from people who no rather than spending my day on google , it won’t happen again .

The short answer is yes, anxiety can cause and make twitches worse, as well as making you more conscious about everyday things like speech, and anxiety can also dry out your mouth and eyes, which in turn worsens twitching and whatever slurring or swallowing difficulties you perceive.

So it is well worth it to get some counseling during this difficult time so you can help yourself and be there for your friend.

Concentrate on your friend. He after all does have it. He needs your support right now not you mimicking jus symptoms. If you can’t concentrate on what your friends telling you about himself and instead without making his symptoms yours you are not doing him any favours. The last thing anyone with ALS needs is someone who worry’s about their non existent symptoms rather then the other persons real ones. Talk to a therapist and be a good friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back