Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
State
UK
City
Yorkshire
Hi im 33 male, just wondering if anyone could help me, as ive been experiencing alot of weird problems this year and i am now very concerned...
In December last year, i developed an autoimmune disease called henoch scholenen purpora, didnt think much of it at the time, although i did have a few flare ups over the following months.
And then in early january/febuary i noticed that my right eye was twitching alot on the bottom eye lid this went on for about 6 weeks, i also noticed i sometimes lost my barings abit at work, i kept getting dull headaches, and my scalp was itching a hell of alot, all this probably lasted till about march..
And didn't notice much then till about mid April where my left eye lid started twitching below, my arms was burning me around my shoulders, i feel like my eyes sting sometimes
All this has now been going on up until now but the twitching happens all over my body now, i havent really noticed any weakness sometimes it feels like i have something stuck in my throat but only a couple of times ive noticed that.. And for the past probably 3/4 weeks i always wake up with pins and needle kinda feeling in my hands when ever ive been sleeping. I've kind of read that much on the internet that i have convinced myself thats its als as it doesnt seem to be going away none of this now.

Ive seen a neurologist and had an emg last week, that was all clear they said i could have carpel tunnel and that als wouldnt present itself this way, im not convinced by what he has told me in the slightest. I just wondered how long it would take for all the major signs to appear as that what is worrying me the most.

Thank you

TonyT, as you wrote....

"Ive seen a neurologist and had an emg last week, that was all clear they said i
could have carpel tunnel and that als wouldnt present itself this way, im not
convinced by what he has told me in the slightest.

"In the slightest".... ???

Tony, are you a doctor much less a Neurologist? A Neurologist has completed years
of study, research beyond a GP.

Before that...

" I've kind of read that much on the internet that i have convinced myself thats its als".

*Thousands of Americans have falsely convinced themselves they have a
serious disease, after turning to 'Dr Google' – according to new research.

Instead of alleviating concerns, 74 percent of those who have self-diagnosed
online searching for their symptoms made them worry MORE about their health.

That is due to the answers given by Dr Google, of internet medical advice,
was found by researchers to be misleading without proper evaluation by a
a qualified physician.

A Neurologist IS a qualified physician. An EMG is a defining qualified test.

It may be time to re-evaluate your mattress, pillow, work chair, etc. but you haven't presented any reason to worry about ALS. Eye twitching typically relates to sleep and stress. It might be worth recording your sleep on your phone or laptop to see if you have any breathing or limb movement issues.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back