05/1988
Country
US
State
New Jersey
City
union
Hi everyone,

I am sorry to be a bother.. I am very worried.. I have been twitching body wide now for about 6 months. I noticed that I have this flicker in one spot of my tongue which looks like a twitch... of course I went to good ole google for videos and I see that that flicker could be a twitch due to ALS. My friend who is an ER nurse said it is the lingual artery. But I never seen the artery pulse like that on the tongue. Also, I got an EMG..not in the tongue or chin.... only in the limbs.. They did find 1 fib and spontanous activity which scares me alot. However , my nuero says that is from my herniated L5-S1.. however, I know they look for fibs and spontanous activity with ALS. please if someone could give me some insight.. I am also pregnant so I am so worried that I am going to find out thats what it is..I forgot to mention I am 30

Twitching means nothing. Normal, healthy people twitch.

EMG with one fib and spontaneous activity doesn’t sound worrisome, especially with history of herniated disc.

You have not described muscle function failure which would be the hallmark of ALS.

If the neurologist wasn’t concerned about ALS, you’re off the hook as far as we’re concerned.

If you’re not convinced, feel free to post your EMG results including the summary.

Hi karen so sorry to be a bother if you could look at tm emg that would be great. Thank you!

Attached is the emg

Attachments

• 0AEE4B5D-8DFA-463D-9F92-22D1FFAC82DB.jpg
    0AEE4B5D-8DFA-463D-9F92-22D1FFAC82DB.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 265
  • 58069726-D7BA-46D3-BCEC-D62148207745.jpg
    58069726-D7BA-46D3-BCEC-D62148207745.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 234
Completely consistent with your back issues not suggestive of ALS. Good luck with your pregnancy

Last edited:
Thanks Nikki. The constant twitching just really is worrisome but again I know nothing about it so that’s why I came here. Thanks again. How can I close this thread I don’t want to bother more people with this.

I will close it for you but for future readers if you are the original poster you can close a thread. Scroll to the top and see thread tools. Click and you should see the option

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back