Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Please help/advise

You’re off the hook in terms of ALS. I read through the exam, and it notes 5/5 strength throughout which is normal. It also comments that EMG is non-revealing in terms of ALS.

The numbers under the assessment section are diagnostic codes for insurance billing.

Radiculopathy and tarsal tunnel syndrome would not be confused with ALS.

Mod note- merged threads. Please stay in your original thread- though there is no need to continue posting here as you have been cleared of ALS. Any further questions about your tests and health should be directed to your doctors, not strangers on the internet.

Thanks again for the help.

After reviewing the EMG further it says there are features of radiculopathy, TTS, and “reenervation” changes. I have read that radiculopathy and TTS are commonly misdiagnosed when it is actually ALS. Is this a possibility? Also, isn’t reenervation a bad sign? How would the EMG be able to diagnose these with 100% accuracy and rule out ALS? Furthermore, my twitches are now constant and my whole body is constantly cramping, IcyHot and pain relievers don’t work for either. Strength in my arm and leg is getting worse.

What is considered a feature of ALS in an EMG if not any of the above?

Please read the above post requesting you ask your doctors. You are under their care and should be reviewing your test results with them instead of strangers on the internet.

You have been cleared of ALS both clinically and by EMG. Read your neurologist’s report again.

Radiculopathy and tarsal tunnel syndrome are caused by pinched nerves. That’s very different than ALS. ALS is a brain disease with degeneration of nerves in the brain and spinal cord. Reinnervation can occur with pinched nerves.

You don’t have ALS. Pleas no more questions here. I’m going to request that a moderator close this thread.

Since RLS is among your findings as well, I'd suggest asking for a trial of a med that treats it. Also of note, as an SSRI, Zoloft can make it worse so you might ask about a different class of antidepressant.

But as Karen and all of us have said, there is no ALS here. And a neuro who spent a couple of hours with you said it definitively as well. So yes, it's time to close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back