Not open for further replies.

jenalps

Country
uk
State
lancashire
City
preston
I have had very painful shoulders on and off for aprox 3 months. It started in right shoulder and has now appeared in left. The pain is severe and causes stiffness and a different , colder pain slowly spreads down my arm towards my fingers. I also have the same pain inside my hips. This prevents me from sleeping, and I walk differently upon rising. My right calf stiffens and twitches irregularly. This can last for a couple of hours. other muscles twitch but not to the same extent. None of the twitches are painful. The back of my right hand cramps almost daily. I have become cognitivly impaired ( initially thought i may have dementia). My speech at times is slurred and this is emberassing as it sounds like i am drunk. I currently off work because i am afraid that my employers will notice this decline.
I went to the doctor fearing that i may have ms. The dr said that it,s probably just stress but ordered a blood test last monday. The blood test showed anemia but I have yet to have this confirmed by the dr.
My pain is severe and I am afriad that the drs will fob me off with stress and perhaps iron tablets without further investigation. Could this be als? could it be a b12 deficiency? I am very new to this and don,t understand a lot of the terminology.

Joint pain, twitching etc. are present especially with lyme disease. I cant remember on any single PALS complaining about joint pain before it started to be stiff or so.¨
Pain is generally not connected with ALS as a process, but do occur with its consequences (cramps, muscle contractures..)

pain

Thankyou for replying to me so soon. It may be that the stiffness comes before the pain rather than the other way round. not sure. The pain is in the muscle at the top of my arm rather than in my shoulder itself. It,s like a deep burning and causes all the muscles in my arm to hurt upon movement and ache when still. even simple tasks like writing can make my forearm feel weak. also my muscles feel warm after slight exertion.

Hello jen...so sorry you are in pain. 'Myopathy' can cause searing pain in the muscles they effect.

You need a good doctor who will take you seriously, to get to the bottom of the situation. If this were your dilemma (not a doctor) a 'prescribed' muscle relaxant can help with the situation.

Best of luck as you search for your answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back