Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
State
UK
City
London
Hello all, firstly I don’t wish to offend anybody on this forum and please delete this thread if not allowed.

I am 27, male, in good general health.

For the past 6-8 weeks I have had a twitch in my left hand pinky when at rest. I don’t know what exact muscle is twitching but it makes my pinky move towards my ring finger. On some days it is worse and throughout the day it comes and goes. As far as I can tell, I have no weakness. I have had various twitches in the past but none lasting as long as this. I made the huge mistake of Googling and you know the rest.

I have not been worried or stressed about anything lately (apart from this) and my diet has not changed. The only thing is I have been using my phone more (always left hand with phone resting on pinky); could that be causing it?

My question is, does this warrant further examination from my doctor? Should I be asking for a referral to the neurologist?

Thank you for your time.

Overuse can cause twitching. Twitching alone means nothing

I have genetic ALS. Before I got weakness( my first symptom as is usual) I would never have visited the doctor for twitching alone even knowing my chance as a genetic carrier of getting ALS was close to 100 percent.

Hi Nikki thank you for the reply and God bless, my prayers are with you - and all on here.

i think what’s worrying me so much is that a) the twitch is in my finger/hand as opposed to leg or torso
b) it is so localised and long lasting

I am pretty sure my left hand feels weaker than my right but that could be my overthinking and hypersensitivity due to anxiety. What does true clinical weakness mean?

Clinical weakness is determined by a doctor but how PALS experience it is something doesn’t work. It is not a feeling but a failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back