Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
TX
City
Pasadena
Let me start by saying my grammar punctuation etc is Terrible I should have payed more attention in school and I’m sorry for that also I am truly inspired by all of you who have been through this I don’t think Ill be able to handle it but theirs no choice I feel so deeply in my soul that I have it and god willing I don’t idk how I will handle it I’m 23 years old always been super healthy happy etc no family history '

over the past year I noticed my stamina and muscle have become weaker/wear out faster dint think much of it tho beacuse I’m out of shape I could go on about some other health issues that aren’t related but wana keep it short about a week and a half ago I started noticing my left calf getting tight had some twitches in it dint think much of it then the next day my left thumb started feeling stiff then that same day I started twitching all over my body everywhere you could imagine I started getting worried of course googled etc over the next few days my fingers started getting stiff almost felt like they wanted to curl inwards was and am extremely paranoid over the next couple of days the twitches calmed down a bit but are still their and I started getting pretty weak in certain places and almost a feeling of loss of dexterity in fingers

my neck is sore and almost tight in the back giving me a headache some of or most of these symptoms calm down or go away for a bit tho over the past week last night I woke up shaking violently I believe from anxiety and was pretty weak in all four limbs no failure yet went to the hospital and they ran every test you could imagine full mri ct scan etc etc talked with a neurologist for a bit and had no real weakness on the test she did I did have slight hypereflexia in both Knees she said probably because I’m young anyways all Those test came back normal i feel a bit better today

I know y’all will probably say that it isn’t What I think it is etc but something deep down in telling me it is and I pray to god with everything it is not I’m so young and have so many aspirations in life this is the hardest thing I’ve ever dealt with please pray for me if you believe and give me some advice thank you and I have a neurologist visit in 2 days and I will no matter what keep y’all updated even tho it will be so hard mentally if anything comes out of it

Last edited by a moderator:
I expect your neurology visit will be reassuring as regards ALS. My best advice is to follow through with any other recommended testing and just live your life.

Best,
Laurie

Just thought I’d update symptoms getting a little worse/better the twitching has died down a bit bodywide maybe I’m just getting used to it and and so has the tightness feeling but it’s to early to tell thumb tremor at times maybe from reading about als on the phone for 12 hours a day lol and a lump feeling in throat now comes and goes tho :( plus this odd both arm tremor feeling when I wake up still holding onto hope tho had a emg yesterday specifically in my problem calf where the original twitch/cramp started 2-3 weeks ago dint hear any noise on the emg at rest but lots when I tensed it wich may be a good sign and the dr doing the emg vaguely said muscle looks good afterwords but will be getting report soon anyways don’t wana get ahead of myself and get my hopes up to much hope all is well and will keep you updated

Christian, stop reading about ALS. It can't possibly help you.

As you say, the report doesn't sound serious, but please post it when you have it.

i can’t help it and at times I feel a comfort in it but have been spending more time with my dad anyways thanks will do

Got a call from the dr today stating that my emg came back perfectly normal I’m still gonna go to a few appointments with a different Nuero considering my issues but that definitely does ease the mind a bit again I’ll update if anything doesn’t or does happen thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back