Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
MA
City
Fall River
Hello, I am a 19 yr old male and I am very athletic and in shape. I have been recently getting a heaviness and weakness in my left arm that traveled to my left leg as well. It was also a burning feeling and fatigue and I went for EKGs blood tests for my heart everything was excellent. I thought it was my heart but it wAsnt. I am bad with dr. Google and can't help myself but I came across als with my symptoms and I am very scared. I suffer anxiety and my doctor told me to take my newly prescribed preventatives for a week and see how that goes... Can anyone please help and give advice it's much appreciated thank you.

Sounds like you some of your symptoms might be due to a panic/anxiety attack. Stress can do about anything. It doesn't sound like any ALS symptoms going on. Try to do some relaxation technigues such as good calm music, go for a slow walk. Sit outside and look at the stars. Follow up with your Dr. about your symptoms. I would almost say with 100% certaintly that you don't have ALS. Don't google anything. Just keep a list of your symptoms. How long they last? Certain things that seem to trigger them then others. You are going to be just fine. You'd be better off staying off this forum and enjoying your life. You can do it. Take care, Kim

Please someone tell me what they think ...

You don't have ALS.

How do I know? Tingling is NOT a symptom.

Get off the Internet and see your doctor, if you deem it necessary.

Is my vision worsening, and being very weak especially after I do thing shave anything to do with it?

Dunno. Is your vision worsening? Go see an optometrist.

Please, find a forum which focus is anxiety. You would do better there, I think.

Over and out.

Can anyone tell me if these sound like als symptoms?

You don't have ALS.

How do I know? Tingling is NOT a symptom.

Get off the Internet and see your doctor, if you deem it necessary.

Hi...my symptoms were similar with the weakness, but in both arms. I was sure I had an NMD, but now they are saying it is from my spine. The point is your symptoms could be caused by a multitude of things. Unfortunately the search engines all lead to the most rare and scary diseases. And ALS is so rare that your chances of getting it are extremely small.

From what I've learned here, the weakness from ALS is seen before you even know you have it. There is no "feeling" of weakness, pain or burning. You just won't be able to do things we normally take for granted like buttoning your shirt.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I sure hope it's not thank you for the info.

You are welcome. I know what it is like to sit here and wait for a reply. Obviously everyone who comes here is anxious and hearing the facts about NMD's can in itself be reassuring. I'm one of those who needed repeated confirmation and I found that here.
The members here are great, but I still wish I'd never clicked the link. LOL. I typed in "bilateral arm weakness" and guess what came up?
I blame the search engines. :)

That is so true, I'm still gonna get checked by a neurologist but please more opinions they are greatly appreciated people thank you in advance

It has also traveled to my legs and I get very fatigued fast idk what it and it makes me worry anyone else?

Your symptoms could he caused from any number of things but not ALS. You can put those fears to rest.

You are so helpful Txgirl. I hope you know the amount of relief you give people who are very scared.
I still have the major arm weakness and body-wide fasciculatons, but your advice has made me feel so much better mentally. Now I know that I can forget an MND and focus on the real problem with is a messed up spine. It really is an amazing and generous thing you are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back