AlexanderPr

Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
MD
Hello.
I'd like to begin by saying that I'm 18 year old, but the recent symptoms that I've experienced (combined with test results) have given me extreme anxiety about what I have and if it could be ALS.
About a month ago I've noticed a very small weakness above my right foot. Not giving it much attention, I've left it until about 2 weeks ago, when I've noticed that my right arm also starts to feel quite weak.
Now, weakness might be an exaggeration, as it is more of a mild fatigue. I have the same motor functions in both arms and legs (no foot drop, same push strength etc)
On the 31st of January, I've went to do an ENMG, which has shown slightly decreased motor response speed in the right leg, together with a small F wave amplitude. The hand has a normal motor response speed, but again, a decreased F wave amplitude. This is where my anxiety truly began. From that moment on, I was stuck stuck with the idea that I have ALS.
Today I've done some blood work (B12, Vitamin D, ALT). Almost all came within limits (although vit D and B12 are on the lower spectrum). I will attach the results (in the original language, but it's recognizable).
Also done a cerebral and cervical MRI today. Both came out perfect, which again, didn't really help my anxiety.
I don't have gripping or walking problems. My right hand has an ongoing tremor (although I don't know if this could be because I'm left handed). I don't have trouble writing (neither on paper or on a keyboard). I don't have any clinical weakness, just fatigue. In the past few days, i've noticed a lot of cramps and spams in both my legs.
I don't know what to do, certainly had over 10 panic attacks in the past few days, and the fact that all the tests were ok (except enmg) doesn't really help at all.
Please help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-01-03-23-35-47_com.google.android.apps.docs_1641246149831.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-01-03-23-35-47_com.google.android.apps.docs_1641246149831.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 134
Hello-

Your emg report will have a summary/conclusion that can tell you what the doctor's interpretation of the results are. The fact you are reporting severe and many panic attacks means you need to deal with your anxiety immediately- particularly as you also seem unable to be reassured by every test and exam result pointing away from ALS. It's not clear exactly what you think the people here on this forum can do for you that medical professionals haven't already.

Please also make sure to read this: Read Before Posting

Take care

Last edited:
You apparently were not told that the abnormalities in your emg and ncs were in the ncs portion NOT the emg. The emg is what matters in ALS and all you mentioned were from the ncs. In other words if those results are significant at all ( which is up to your doctor to say) They show a nerve issue not a motor neuron issue ALS is a motor neuron disease not a nerve disease. Please get help for your panic attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back