Very sorry to post a second thread. My thread was closed to further replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief41

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
IL
City
Chicago
I currently have non-stop twitching in my left arm. It has lasted for 34 hours. As I have posted before I had an EMG of my arms only. After suffering an injury that caused numbness in both of my hands in pinky and ring fingers and palms near those fingers. My left arm seems a little weaker than my right with certain tasks. The twitching started the morning after I did some push-ups, and hasn’t stopped. It looks like every video of ALS fasciculations I’ve seen.

My neuro who did the EMG has assured me I do not have ALS in a telehealth appt, but up until the past few days I have never had non-stop twitching. I am very scared as I have two young children at home. I’m 41, so I guess I’m statistically more at risk than if I were younger. Please help. And I humbly apologize if I have offended anyone with my second post.

I'm not sure what you want - you asked no questions.
You don't display any symptoms of ALS - twitching means nothing, not a thing.
If this does not reassure you, go see a doctor that is what they are there for.
You didn't offend, you just need to stop and get this worked out with a doctor.

Okay, I am hearing you. I sought out psychiatric help and medicine for anxiety. I’m just freaked out because after 2 months of no alcohol and meds, I seem to twitch with any strenuous activity. Lifting a child gives me twitches in my shoulder blades. I get twitches in my face. My arms. My abdomen.

I saw my neuro who told me to check back in around November. He does not think I have ALS.

I made an appt to speak to different doctor at Northwestern to get a full clinical work up, and possibly another EMG, since the first one was limited to only my arms.

Am I overreacting? Do I have BFS?

Thank you all for your help and guidance.

The first EMG was in May after having sporadic intermittent twitching and numbness in my hands. Since then the twitching has gotten markedly worse.

Twitches as you were told mean nothing without weakness. bfs is much more common that ALS and your symptoms are consistent.

if you go to the Northwestern appointment promise yourself you will accept their opinion

I promised that to myself, and I’ll do the same to you. Thanks for being there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back