Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
BE
State
VB
City
Rillaar
I’m a 40 year old female. My story begins in July where I found out all of a sudden my toes were moving without me wanting them too. A few weeks later, I started having twitches here and there.
Searched at Dr. Google and down the rabbit hole…
Of course a few days later I started to feel all kinds of weird sensations in my right leg. As if my leg was going to fail. In the meanwhile I visited two neurologists who found nothing clinically wrong. I had an MRI of my lower back which showed minor discus bulging at L4 and L5 with minor impression on the dural sac.
I have a brain MRI planned the 25th of November and an EMG the 2nd of December.
I would really appreciate your opinions. I really need to get out of this dark place…

Pull yourself out and go talk seriously with your doctor about your fears.
Nothing is clinically wrong so far as ALS, so you can be helped.
Please don't continue here with the terminally ill to look for that help however as it is not appropriate.

Evidently, you have lumbar nerve damage, which can certainly affect how your legs feel. You are getting more tests to rule out more serious problems, but I agree that ALS is not on the list.

Best,
Laurie

Today my leg feels very heavy and weird and although the stickies say that sensory feelings point away from ALS, I also read on this forum the story of a 49 year old man whose problems all started with stiff and heavy legs. Very confused now…

No, it doesn't sound like ALS. If you could reference which post stated that this gentleman was diagnosed officially, we could speak to that case more.

New ALS fighter

...I have encountered in my life has been season flu once in every 6-7 years. My symptoms started in Nov 2019. Stiffness in both calves and heavy legs when I was walking especially the tibialis anterior. By January 2020 I started to have ankle dorsiflexion problems and my gait was changed...

And another one: 😭😭😭
November of last year I noticed that my right leg felt a bit heavy when I was walking, and had muscle twitches when it was resting. It's now progressed to; both legs feeling heavy,

So why do the stickies say sensory issues point away…?

please, just stop - when you cherry pick symptoms like this to try and make it fit your case it doesn't help.

You don't have to believe us, but you can respect we have been dealing with the actual disease and have extremely limited resources.

Please see your doctor again with your concerns as they can examine you and discuss your particular case. We can't do this by text.
I do wish you the best.

Here's the huge difference between what's going on with you and what went on with this poster. This poster had progressive weakness in his ankle. After EMGs and all the other tests, he was diagnosed with ALS. You have had those exact same tests with no diagnosis of the disease. This is after clinical examination, so no, you don't have ALS and no one but you thinks you do.

I thank you for your kind words.
I only had a clinical exam, I’ll have the EMG the 2nd of December.

Just finished my EMG, The neurologist checked my right leg, where I feel the most things and it came back clean. Now I will have to work hard at the anxiety. Thanks for all the kind words here.

Congratulations! Thank you for letting us know.

if you need help with anxiety please seek it- no shame at all in asking Start with logging off this site and any others similar and commit to not googling. Best of luck and a long happy healthy life

I have made an appointment with a therapist in January but in the meantime I still keep wondering what if… I still have the stiffness and cramping feeling in my right leg. Also my twitches increase…

Congrats on not having ALS! Best of luck with the therapist in January. Seeing a therapist can do a world of good for helping you and your anxiety.

Take good care.

great news! now believe it, please.
there are anxiety forums and places for continuing these discussions if you won't accept and move past this, just google for them if you must, but I hope you let this go and return to the healthy life you deserve.

Could anyone explain this please? Because I have that too in my leg and it’s also about feeling instead of failing in the beginning:
Some report initial symptoms in one of the legs causing difficulty or awkwardness when walking or running . They may also report that they are tripping or stumbling more often than before. If the initial symptoms affect the arms or the legs, it is called a ‘limb onset’ ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back