Very scared of possible ALS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you had your thyroid levels checked recently, given the size of the cyst? Fluctuating or abnormal levels can cause the issues you describe. I can see why you're scared but this doesn't sound like ALS at all. I would also ask about electrolyte and metabolic panels.

Instead of using the PCP as a conduit for a second neuro, I would be exploring systemic explanations.

Yes, had a recent thyroid panel and full blood tests done. All results within normal levels. They didn't do the full in depth thyroid panel, and considering the size of my cyst this time I'll probably ask for it if they don't recommend it. Electrolytes they did check.. The metabolic panel I'm not sure of, I'll ask tomorrow at my appointment. I'm considering asking for MRIs as well.

I know there's the basic thyroid panel where they check a couple different levels of something, then there's another that checks more stuff.. Don't know the name of it. Thanks for your suggestion!

I'm sorry you are still so very anxious - this is just not even the tiniest bit like ALS.
That doesn't mean nothing is wrong, but ALS this definitely is not.
For sure take charge and direct your doctors on what to do, but we can't follow through on this anymore as it is not ALS.
I do wish you the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back