Diagnosis
12/2015
Country
US
State
PA
City
Small town
If your PALS is still able to stand, even with great difficulty, this transfer "sling" may help you to maintain your ability to do stand-pivot transfers from bed to w/chair, etc. I have found it amazingly helpful for transfers in and out of the car. Your PALS must still have some leg strength and the ability to keep his/her feet planted underneath them. This is NOT a gait belt - it is meant to be used only as a transfer assistance device, when the person it is being used on is no longer able to fully stand or use a walker, etc. You must possess the strength to be able to lift and control a large percentage of your PALS weight (50%+). If you can do this, this sling may make a big difference to you. It has made a huge difference in brief lift-pivot-sit transfers for us. This sling has allowed me to independently transfer my PALS for a longer period of time than I would have been able to without it. (FYI - my husband does not weigh much more than I do, and I have many yrs. of rehab. experience, but - this "sling" is amazingly helpful).:!:

Mod note: commercial link removed. Plz search Amazon.com for "MTS Medical Supply 3011 Safety sure Transfer Sling, 2 lb. "

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: bhg
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back