Very confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most are but I have seen it done this way before. From it I would extrapolate that all the columns would have said 0 or N because that is what normal is. You can call and ask but I expect they will say I do it this way if there were a problem I would have noted it I do think an ncs would be more useful to you if you really have numbness and tingling

When I contracted my muscle I saw many sharp wave lengths and heard a sound. Is that normal?

Absolutely normal. I have had multiple emgs for research including before I had symptoms Every single normal muscle does that

Thank you. I will see what the second neurologist says. One last question. Since I’ve only really had symptoms for about two months and have lost about 10 pounds, could this be too early in the stage for emg as I know it can take months for a diagnosis? Do emg change over time?

Mevandavis, you have posted 17 times. I have also noticed just about
everyday you have been on the site searching. You joined July 8th, today
is July 26. I’m sure you have read in your situation, and others, the EMG
is not too soon. You have asked questions and have been answered by
extremely ALS knowledgeable members. This has gone on for three
pages now.

Your posted picture EMG report. It was normal... no indication of ALS.

There is really nothing more this forum can help you with until you see
the second neurologist. Until then… if another EMG is done, post the
Summary/Conclusion at the bottom of the report.

Hope you are finally cleared of worry having ALS.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your time. I will do so.

I know I need to wait until my second appointment but this appears to be moving fast. I feel I can’t sleep as my diaphragm has been affected. Taking shallow breaths and feel muscle gone around my abdomen. I have constipation and haven’t gone in two days. I’m worried I should be on a liquid diet or get some advice as this is very distressing. Not sure if this would be respiratory and upper neuron why the emg would come back ok?

If you are having constipation issues and want advice call your gp. We really can’t tell you what is and isn’t wrong nor are we going to disagree with your first neurologist

Please stop bringing your new fears here. If you have a health concern, see your doctor. Nothing can take the place of being actually examined and receiving medial advice in context with what you are presenting with.
A liquid diet is not the treatment for constipation.

Was lucky to get a second opinion at the cleveland clinic last minute. Granted it was only a week from my emg. Passed all clinicals again even though know I have lost muscle, still have twitching and still can’t sleep a wink. Neurologist says very confident I don’t have als. Everyone thinks anxiety. I guess I’m starting to wonder myself. I do have a sleep study next week but know for a fact I’m taking shallower breaths when lying down. Of course I don’t want als but losing 15 pounds in a month and a half just doesn’t add up when I was in shape to begin with. I’ll stop posting unless I have the tell tale sign of failure. Thank you all for your time. I really appreciate it and you are all in my thoughts everyday.

Yes, please do stop posting. You will not get an ALS diagnosis, so I bid you farewell and wish you nothing but luck.

Take good care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back