Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
MA
City
Oakham
About 3 weeks ago i went for a run. the day after i noticed some muscle twitching. I googled muscle twitching and it says its a symptom of ALS. Some sites say it can be the first symptom. I have twitches all over now. legs, calves, sometimes i notice in my arms. Its more noticeable when i'm trying to go to sleep. I went to my primary care Dr. he didnt seem to concerned and said twitching is almost always 99% benign. But he would not go as far to rule out any anything serious (like ALS). Which of course makes my anxiety over this even worse. He didnt say i really needed to see a neurologist, but could if i felt more comfortable doing so. First appt is 2 months out. Every twitch sends my anxiety into over drive. im twitching alot . Can someone please help!!

it is more like 99.9%of twitching is benign. probably more if you are young. We aren’t going to say anything else here.
suggest if you need support subreddits muscle twitch or benign fasciculation syndrome or the forum nomorepanic which has a dedicated subforum for ALS fears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back