Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: What do you think caused ALS in you?

Well, I believe that all those shots we got in the military had preservatives in them which is good a start as any. . .

I thinking about your facial muscle involvement...that is out of place as is your fluidity with physilogica jargon. .... makes me wonder.

what im seeing on here. it keeps going torch tap water. that's my kind of luck

we have these threads sometimes ...

Sorry but I see them as a moot point. We are too few to think we can find something amazing the researchers haven't, and looking for something to blame, well I don't see it's all that useful.

IIWII

The OP doesn't even have a definite diagnosis yet.

My Chris had none of the stuff that has been mentioned so far and was a very typical presentation of ALS and progression.

Circles don't help me.

Tillie ( I feel I sound harsh, but it's a bad day here and maybe my filter isn't so good)

sorry your having a bad day tillie. you don't need to harsh you are right. they don't know. it's more like did the cow jump over the moon..... right. the only thing you get from the alsa is it's ether passed through family or tap water.

From my perspective, I'm not going to waste my time worrying about what causes it. Why worry about something I can do nothing about? I've got enough to worry about just trying to stay ahead of this monster. The cause is something for the researchers to figure out so maybe it can be prevented in the future.
Just dealing with the day to day living takes too much out of me without worrying about what might have been

>From my perspective, I'm not going to waste my time worrying about what causes it. Why worry about something I can do nothing about?

Ditto that!

Sorry you've had a bad day Kat! IIWII ("It Is What It Is!") ...

thanks lovely family :)

Hugs to you Tillie!

@MediaSmart: How can my facial muscles, tongue slurring be out of place? I didn't know that ALS had an exact route of paralysis that it follows.
The medical jargon I think illudes more to my obsessive nature of investigating this disease and learning when/where to ask my doctor the right questions. I can say much of those terms I learned here and elsewhere; making sure as to not enter this forum until I knew for sure what I was facing out of respect.

well i seen my als dr today and i throw this at them. guess what i got.......... nothing. it's like what i was told before. if they new where it came from. most likely they could fix it.

Hope tomorrow is a better day Tillie!

Stupid question

Cigarrettes..

Are there any PALS out there that smoke? Do you think it has hastened progression?

One of the hardest things for me to let go is my smoking habit. In fact, now more than ever cigarettes have become a sort of mental life-line when i'm overcome with anxiety/fear.

As hard as it is for me to admit,

When I first started having slurring of my speech, I was so freaked out that I smoked a pack a day for about two weeks; during this time the left side mouth/lips/cheek began to palsy.

Now I notice my eyebrows 'frown' when i'm stressing to speak which has confused a couple people making them think I am angry. It's just a lot of strain to talk!

Anyways, of course cigarettes are 'bad'; but I want to know any smoking PAL's thoughts if they would be so kind.

thanks for those wishes my family

I think my filter is a little better today. So glad you all understand :)

DavBo - yeah, if there were a single cause it would have been found by now, and searching through very small population samples is a waste of time. Could even be just someone having a go ya know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back