00/0000
Country
GR
State
NY
City
Athens
Hello everyone and thank you for your time reading this,
I'm 25 year old man and i experienced intense muscle twitching in my right leg for a week straight in a specific spot non-stop with painless muscle spasms in that happenned for a split second in my arm and legs, painless muscle spasms keeps on till today,i have a weird sensation in my left leg but no weakness, about a week ago i had wrist pain that accoured at some movements, i didnt stop going to the gym because experts says tha is the best way to fight anxiety, my wrist is much worst and radiates sometimes to my middle finger and gave annoying feeling in the right side of my elbow, im terriffied,
no muscle weakness yet but i am super afraid.
twitches are gone but painless spasms are stil happening.
i ve done 3 mris all clear, and about 20 days ago an emg test that was clean.
Neurologist perform the emg in both hands and legs, and said to me you dont have for sure, i guarrante it, needled me 2 times each hand and three in each leg.
Should i go for another emg exam or just wait and let the time tell?

From my heart thank you for your time.

You don't have ALS. It would show up in your EMG.

You might want to work with a physical therapist or exercise therapist to see if any of your pain/spasms is due to your exercise routine but it's not ALS.

Best wishes.

Thank you very much for your answer,
i suffer from health anxiety but the symptoms that i subscribed are too real and dont know what causing them scares me a lot,
spent many nights to the point of tears,
also one symptom that i forgot to mention is that i have muscle tension in left leg and little on the right, in different spot of my leg each time below the knee and something that i cant describe very well, like something is moving inside my legs, and burning thighs

thank again i would really appreciate your opinions.

I'm sorry you have health anxiety. That is something I would strongly suggest you work on with a professional who can guide you through overcoming this with combination therapy.

From your post, I can see your health anxiety has taken over your life and that is quite sad as you are still so young to be wasting your life worrying about an illness you do not have. None of your symptoms say ALS. Honestly, please go get help for your health anxiety and stop perusing websites for the terminally ill.

I sincerely wish you well. Take good care.

I second the suggestion that you consult a physical therapist for an evaluation and a counselor for your anxiety. Often pain or stiffness that seems disabling can be effectively addressed with focused therapy. Anxiety can magnify benign symptoms like twitching (I call it benign when you can still do your normal activities) and I understand that can be very scary, but none of this relates to ALS.

Commit to investing in your best life and getting the support you need, and you can feel better -- no one deserves to spend their nights in fear.

Best,
Laurie

Thank you all very much for your answers means a lot to me,
One last question, sorry if it doesn't make any sense,
I have trouble swallowing for six months now with a little twitching at my neck, shoulder tension and neck I haven't done an emg there yet, do you think it's worth doing it ?
Thank you and sorry if I sound stupid

Please bring all your general health concerns to your doctor. This is not the forum for you as you do not have ALS and have no ALS symptoms. With your raging health anxiety, I'm concerned that you may not believe a clean EMG anyway. However, only you can decide to go ahead with the test but remember, if you do decide to get an EMG, you are taking the spot of someone who actually does need an EMG. Again, please get help with your health anxiety. It's not getting better, but it can if you truly want it to. Your focus should be on that, not on diseases you don't have.

Thank you all very much for you advices, i took time for my self and try not to overthink things, but i notice muscle loss in my dominant hand below the elbow, like a big puddle when i extend my hand, i think this muscle is called brachioradialis, my left hand is like this but not so much, i can see light twitching but i dont feel it most of the times, i havent loss strenght or ability to do things, and i cant go to the doctor for now due to covid19 situation.
Can this be related to ALS,
the muscle loss, absolutely terrified me,
Thank you and sorry if i sound irrational.

You are absolutely right and I'm sorry but my concern is that is possible to have muscle loss without muscle weakness in als cases?
Thank you I'm advance.
Kind regards

youngWorried, while it may not be easy to go to a doctor, only they can tell you what, if anything, is wrong. This forum is here for those who have been diagnosed and their caregivers. While the people here can answer basic questions, we can not provide you with a diagnosis, support your health anxiety or help with anything really meaningful with regards to assessment or observation of changes.

You have utilized this forum as much as is possible for someone in your situation, and we cannot provide anything else for you at this time. Please contact your physician with any further questions about your health and let them know how much the anxiety about ALS is affecting you. They will provide the support and feedback you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back