09/2006
Country
ind
State
new delhi
City
new delhi
Hi All
We have finally returned home with my mother on Trach and ventilator. It was an obvious decision for us as we did not see any other way.
If you or your loved one is on a ventilator please let me know at which level have you put a bacterial filter and how often do u change it. Also let me know the brand of the filter. We have put a HME filter near the patient end just after the Y connection which some other docs do not reccomend. We in India are not very well geared up for chronic care and very few have any experience with similar patients. There are 'nt many patients on home ventilation at least to my knowledge.
Please let me know what some of you out there are doing or have been advised.
Regards
Namita

Hello Namita, I am sorry your Mom's condition has gotten worse. We have a lot of PALS and CALS around here with experience with vents. I am sure they will be offering tips soon. Meanwhile, you might try doing a search of these forums for vents. Best wishes with your Mom and her care. Cindy

Hi Namita,

You are putting the HME in the right place. We change that daily. The bacterial filter goes between the vent and the circuit. We change this out once per week with the circuit.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back