NC
City
Carrboro
we picked the LTV-950 based on simple but important criteria:
1. product familiarity at the local hospital,
2. portability, and
3. FAA approval for use on commercial flights

Overall, I'm satisfied. But here's some things I'd check into if doing it over:
1. The hospital vent has a huge display that lets you look at all of the statistics at once. The home vent has a small display that only shows one statistic at a time. You have to press a button to change from eg tidal volume to minute volume. With ALS-crippled hands I cannot push the button. It would be nice if it automatically cycled through the available statistics.
2. The vent has an input port for oxygen but does not alarm if the oxygen is disconnected or not flowing.
3. The vent has no interface to a pulse ox unit.
4. The vent offers only realtime statistics. Some indication of an average over a period of time would be nice.
5. A usb port to interface with a computer for tracking statistics would be ideal.
6. The hospital vent has a "pre oxygenate" button gives you 100% oxygen for two minutes. This allows the patient to oxygen saturate before suctioning, and in emergencies. The home vent lacks this feature.

I don't know if any of these features are available on other home vent models. Does anyone here have a vent that has these features?

my wife got the Trilogy Vent and it shows all of the statistics. no pulse ox, but does have a memory card that tracks the data for downloading later. Jen is not on O2 so not sure about that.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back