Other
Diagnosis
11/2020
Country
SP
City
Palma de Mallorca
Hi all

My name's Vanessa and I'm a 36 years old girl, diagnosed in November 2020. From Mallorca, Spain.

I'm here looking for a bit if support, understanding and friendship. Is there or are you using a Whatsapp group for example?

Wish you a lovely day!

Sorry you have joined us Vanessa.
Would you mind telling us a little of what is happening with you regarding ALS so we can help support you?

Hi, thanks for your reply :)

What I'm missing is a simply "how are you feeling today", really.

I'm young, I used to travel on my own, be independent, having plans, not just the medicao appointments.

Hi Vanessa. I don’t know any whatsapp group though they may exist. Have you joined any of the facebook groups? My experience has been “ meeting” people there. Messaging for a while and then moving to off platform communications. I have met several people that way. Of course you do have to kiss a fair number of frogs en route!

there is an advocacy group called young faces of ALS if that interests you. They have a fb group and a website

I totally get that.
I agree with Nikki that facebook groups are probably a good way to start as there are many more younger PALS there and probably using a host of technologies.
That doesn't mean you won't find support here of course!

Hi Vanessa,

I am Michael from Germany. I have been diagnosed last year, although I had symptoms for much longer. I am still functioning ok, but of cause my thought routine is not the same anymore as before this illness. I would also like to connect to others who are in a similar situation to me, so please feel welcome to get in touch and/ or share any (What's App) group details, if you become aware of any. All the best, Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back