Status
Not open for further replies.
strep infections can cause all kinds of problems in your body--and your immune system is likely trying to fight it.

auto-immune issues could be possible--as I understand them--ANA can fluctuate.

What did your neuro suggest you do? Just because ALS is off the table doesn't mean something else isn't going on.

2 clean EMGs and no bizarre weakness w/o pain are a great sign to point you away from MND/ALS. Think positive! All these knowledgeable people should help you know you don't have to worry about ALS.

notme-

I went to see a University Immunologist today who suggested some additional blood work. He wants to test for antibodies that attack both the myelin and nerves...wish someone would have suggested that amongst the 10 or so physicians I have seen to date. He mentioned testing for CoQ10 as well which I thought was a supplement.

There is no test for coQ10.

Alyoop-

I may have heard him say something else? I was so focused on getting my questions out there.

I was wondering if there was one after you posted cause I knew it was a supplement so asked my brighter half lol, he sais no, there was not a test for it and looked at me like I was cracked :) well I am a bit. Hope they sort out whether or not your problems are autoimmune ( MS is autoimmune).

You really do sound more auto-immune. Lots of possibilities--luckily, ALS doesn't seem like a likely candidate.

Hello-

I received a copy of the last EMG (APR2011) tday and the results were, "This is a mildly abnormal study. There is electrodiagnostic evidence of a mild left ulnar neuropathy. There is no evidence of an irritable myopathy". I have shoulder joint pain and wrist pain in this same arm and was wondering if this is something of concern or completely unrelated?

Additional Notes:

"Left ulnar CMAP demonstrated moderately prolonged distal latency, normal amplitude, and normal conduction velocity".

"Left ulnar SNAP demonstrated mildly prolonged peak latency and normal amplitude".

They only "spot checked" my left portion of my body, upper and lower.

Any insight is appreciated! Thank you.

It sounds like a trapped ulnar nerve. Fixable :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back