VACATIONING with ALS - HELP we have never done it before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning Debby!

I wanted to check in with you and see how the vacation planning is going. It looks like you've gotten a ton of suggestions - I'll have to pass some of them on to my mom. Have you had any luck getting things planned? I'm not sure when you all are going on your vacation. My family is going the last week in June, I believe. I'll let you know how things go since it's our first time at the beach since my mom was diagnosed. I'll also let you know of any "first time" problems and answers.

Keep us posted on how things are. Know that we love you. Take care.

I just read a fabulous article in the PVA magazine about Vacations on the beach and beach wheel chairs. You can find the magazine online here
Welcome to PN/Paraplegia News
Have a great summer vacation!

I actually looked up the beach wheelchair rentals because I wanted to see if that was an option for my mom when we go to the Outer Banks. Lo and behold, it is! Here is the number you can call to get names of equipment places that do the rentals..252-441- 5909. I just emailed my dad to see if he thought it was a good idea. Will let you know more details later!

Oh I think if any PALS could get out there on the beach its good! Linda, oh let us know what your dad thinks! Now remember guys, this post was started back in 2008.
Hugs, Kari

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back