Diagnosis
07/2007
Country
US
State
PA
City
Pittsburgh
At Tillie's request, I'm starting this thread about my decompression vacation.

Had this trip planned and tickets bought before I last fiasco. So glad I did.

When checking in at home Brian is doing fine, his old self, like nothing happened. I did clear this trip with him before leaving and he was fine with it. However he has no memory of the bad time, so no idea he was so close to gaining his wings and being free of this monster.

A friend had written a tribute to him for our church newsletter. What a wonderful article. It was written during the bad days. He is also someone I spoke with about being very involved in the memorial service ( after the fact as B got better before I could make that call). That newsletter arrived in my email after commencing my trip. Wonderful tribute and made me think too at some of his observations.

I started my trip yesterday and mostly we just hung out and took a couple of walks.

Today we drove to a local quilt store. It was awesome. Haven't gotten to one in years. Such beautiful fabrics. I even picked up a pattern, though not for a quilt specifically, but a craft tote, little one to use with my knitting.

Tomorrow we are headed to help my GF's brother. He lost his wife last month, and she has tons of crafting supplies that he is selling. Unfortunately she was a shop a holic and would buy dozens of the same items. He needs to clear out a 400 sq ft area packed with stuff.

i will update tomorrow or Friday.

Hugs,

Sue

You made my night Sue!

I'm so glad you are there, and already you are winding down just a little. This is really perfect timing I'm sure.

Tomorrow sounds great, I hope you get some super bargains and feel yourself recharging. Creativity is a great way to recharge.

It will be lovely to hear your week unfold - you deserve this to be a wonderful week!

So glad you are enjoying yourself Sue!

Hi Sue, Happy to hear Brian is doing well so you can enjoy your time away even more. Kate

So glad you were able to take this vacation. My sister in law keeps telling me to take one, that she will take care of my PALS, but I am hesitant to leave him...

I am a knitter as well - that's cool that you will make your own quilted knitting bag!

Tillie, I should have phrased about the craft supplies differently. Mostly beads for making jewelry, I don't do that. However I wasn't going to shop, ent to hp clean up that area and sort things for the sale. We worked for a few hours helping to get the area cleaned up. She was also a hoarder.

Tomorrow we head to Panama City to the outlet outdoor mall. It's going to be quite cool for FL. 68 for a high.

I am relaxing. It feel great.

Hugs,

Sue

Glad to hear you were able to go! Hope you have a great time relaxing with your friend!

Kudos to you!

aaahhhh so you went and helped someone else while on a break from your own caregiving :lol: the thing is - helping someone else is so different and makes one feel so much better! I think I'm following you now ;)

Just so glad you are having this break!

Sue, I am so happy that things are better and that you have gotten away!!! Enjoy, sleep, shop, do for you. Isn't it wonderful? Your thread has a smile on my face!

Becky

Sue, just wanted to say how happy I am that your PAL is well, that you get this break and that you're having a good time. You keep on relaxin' and enjoy every minute!
-Erika

Yesterday we drove down to Panama City and then today up to Dothan, AL. it's been nice doing some window shopping. Basically all I've done as I have to consider my suitcase. But to just go has been great.

Today I'm a bit down. I have tomorrow and Monday then back home on Tuesday. I'm really not wanting to go home. I'm struggling today. Just feeling overwhelmed.

Hugs,

Sue

Sue,

Once you get home can you give yourself some TLC like getting a weekly massage or something to look forward to that gets you out of the house? Can some of your church friends give you a hand? Do you have a Lotsa Helping Hands site?

Sue...I am so glad you are having some me time and enjoying yourself.

Sue I can only imagine that you are only just starting to really wind down and feel the effects of being on a break. Then realise it is nearly over and the full force of what you are heading back to.

I hope you can put that aside and keep enjoying what you are experiencing now. I wish I could just say it will all be fine xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back