Diagnosis
07/2019
Country
US
State
WA
City
Seattle
Are any of you using the VA Veterans Caregiver Program?

My PALS is a veteran was active duty during the eligibility window. He is starting to require more care and I think we would qualify for the program. It sounds like it provides some very useful things for CALS and possibly a monthly stipend, which would certainly be helpful. I was wondering if anybody has experience with the program.

This Link will take you to a prior discussion.

I used this program and liked it a lot. The monthly stipend was so very helpful. Ha I g ALS is an automatic acceptance.

That's great to hear it was useful! I sent in our application on Friday so hopefully the process will go smoothly.

Reactions: lgg
This program came into effect after my Veteran husband's death. Reach out to a service officer (Paralyzed Veterans Administration - PVA, Disabled American Veterans - DAV, American Legion, etc.) and they will help you fill out the paperwork (free of charge). I would highly recommend the PVA. They seem to have the most experience and resources.

Thanks Missy! The Oregon PVA was really helpful in getting my husband his benefits. I'll give them a call to see about getting the Caregiver benefits going! Thanks for the idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back