Diagnosis
04/2015
Country
US
State
TX
City
Cypress
I had a VA SAH housing grant approved a few months ago, but have had a difficult time finding contractors who are qualified and will work with the VA. I live in Cypress, Texas and would appreciate any positive information any of you may have.

Didn't the VA give you a list?

They gave me ~6 names and I choose 3 for estimates.

Does anyone know who Max got? He lives in Houston.

The VA indicates they are not allowed to recommend contractors. I have my DAV rep working on this also, but he does not have a list either.

Have you tried the Paralyzed Veterans of America? They have more experience with ALS people.

My PVA rep. is also looking. You are right that they are very good.

Do not ask the VA to recommend anyone, they wont. We asked who they had worked with frequently on these projects and hit the jackpot. It will also be difficult to find a title company. So I would ask who do you work with frequently question because the contractors will know.

The problem for the contractors is they have to put out a lot of money upfront. Depending on how efficiently your say dept runs, they may run into problems getting inspectors out and monies distributed. Our contractor did both the Sah and hisa at the same time.

Call the ALS association in Houston. They can give you referrals.

Sandy and Max used this gent and were happy with the results.
We used Kitchen N Bath Creations. Chris Clark is the owner and a vet, too. His number is (281) 309-2434. They did a good job for us and were undaunted be the VA process.

Thank you Greg! We will get in touch with them.

Sandy said you could give her a call if you have questions. Drop me an email at gdkenoyer@gmail dot com if you want it. 8^)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back