VA-related rants

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've lost friends to CV. My nephew tested positive twice, three months apart. He teaches inner-city students in Buffalo. My cousin, only 17, was in hospital for 10 days and it was touch and go with him. Both have residual issues. They are both athletes, muscular and thin.

I tried to warn people in my building this was real back in February when we had to take an 85-year old to the hospital after he came into a card game. At that point I had only received one letter from Mayo and one from Hopkins. I closed down the game and we never restarted. I got a lot of push back from players but, fortunately, the manager closed our social room on March 1 for all activities. We've already had 6 people in the condo test positive. People are still traveling and having relatives fly in. The manager quit and the new manager asked that everyone wear masks in common areas....yet many don't. On the other hand, we have some who even wear masks in the pool. They're my tribe.

I've heard things, even recently, like "CV is really a hoax." Still! They took 45s words and clung to them. Now school is back in session and our backward governor won't release data about cases in public school. Two districts set up their own reporting system. Today, we read many students doing virtual learning (asthma, autism, etc.) didn't have computers and were on a waiting list because the State promised to provide them.

Al, it's not just the VA. I've been waiting since 9/1 to get a prescription from the mail order pharmacy used by his provider refilled for my PALS. I am told it has already been submitted to USPS. I called Monday and they said they would overnight the prescription. Nothing yet. I can't help but be suspicious that this is targeting seniors to prove to them that their mail-in ballots won't arrive in a timely manner.

V

How so?

Last edited:
I am an absentee voter and I'm half thinking I should go, in person, to vote. Our place opens a few weeks ahead of time and I would go at a time that there isn't a crowd. I'm normally not a paranoid person but I don't trust the hocus pocus that's going on in our Country right now, especially in a swing State like mine.

Well the Trumpster encourages his supporters to vote twice...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back