Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
NC
City
Fuquay Varina
Dad passed away peacefully after a few year battle with ALS a week ago. He was a retired Air Force pilot and was receiving 100% disability through the VA.

Mom is overwhelmed with what to do now... for those that have been down this road, can you please provide me with a list or suggestions on how to go about navigating the waters and what needs to be done in regards to being a spouse of a retired veteran? I know she will be assigned a casualty assistance soldier but we would like to get this process started sooner than later as she has her own health issues and is also terminal with breast cancer.

So... tricare, deers, ID cards, social secuirty, life insurance, etc... what do we need to know and what order can you advise we go in?

Feel free to post here or send me a private message.

Allison

Hi Allison,

I am so sorry for your loss and your moms. Missy is a good one to contact on this site. If you send her a PM she will get back to you pretty quick. You could also contact Bill Pack from the PVA. He is located in Winston Salem. The PVA number is 336-631-5200.

Mary,

Thank you for the info. I hadn't even thought about Bill in Winston Salem. My parents had been in contact with him when Dad was alive.

I will contact Missy. I knew that she would be able to help but I hadn't thought of sending her a PM.

Allison

definately pva service office she will need to fill out forms for widows assistance, although she is signed up it goes to a different office than your dad's here again the pva may have them and provide assistance (usa-ret)

Thanks to all who read. I have been able to get a list of all the items we need to take care of.

I appreciate your input.

Allison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back