Diagnosis
12/2018
Country
US
State
NC
City
Get Real
If you are Veteran and you receive your critical timely meds by mail.... expect delays thanks
to the Commander in Chief who cares more about getting re-elected than you.

Cutting out overtime, pick up schedules, going to every other day for far rural routes and
refusal to fund. Being a coward along with 5 draft deferments I guess.

Where are the Veteran Organizations.? The VA isn't saying a word.

PS. Not just Veterans but anybody who gets their meds by mail.

I guess I need to add this.... the postal Governors Board, all Trump appointees
have said they desperately need this 25 billion dollars.

And the head of the Postal unions and a postal head answered 'yes' when asked
if meds would be delayed too.

If more people would stop watching only Trump's personal TV station and maybe
a few other news outlets (which are not fake news) they might become aware
how corrupt this is.

Last edited:
Your right Al, as a 30 year retired postal worker I am appalled at this development. We were never allowed to leave first or second class mail to be delayed. The motto was everything every day. I hope this situation gets looked into fast. This is just another ploy by the commander in chief to dissuade voting by mail. It also doesn't help that the postmaster general that was appointed by this administration has never worked for the post office. It's a sad situation.

I'll add again concerning meds by mail.

Where are all the Veteran Organizations, the Disabled Americans Association,
MS Associations, the MND Associations even AARP and others?

It's time for them to speak up and organize together against this attack on
the United States Postal Service. Addressing this president is a waste of time
and effort... address Mitch McConnell.

Al, I've already contacted my postal union to vent my concern. I've also contacted the office that I retired from and they're not holding back any mail it's still everything everyday. We have a lot of senior communities that depend on getting they're medications by mail.

Lisa, that maybe true for the postal office you retired from but across other offices they
are pulling mail processing machines that will cause delays in key battle ground states.
It is outright intentional!

(This new Post Master General had a supposedly secret meeting with Trump Friday
afternoon nobody was supposed to know about but it got leaked out they met...
discovered by a news outlet other than Trumps personal TV channel.)

This will cause delays of med deliveries in those states.

I am stunned, being a Veteran who receives my meds by mail to which a few are
critical and timely that all these Veteran Organizations are silent. Silence is
complicity. Trump loves his Veterans... but he loves himself much much more.
"Sorry guys... my interests come first."

I'm with you girl but the people should be chanting "Lock Him Up" to this new
Post Master General.

OK, Al, at your request I moved the other thread that has devolved into name-calling and political rants to the Rant section, but you can't have two. P/CALS might actually show up here to read about VA benefits.

So please confine this one to reports of VA med info that someone could use, as per the title, or I will close it.

As you may remember, back in March, I advised everyone, not just vets, to order up on drugs, for several reasons, including the mail delays and supply chain disruptions we have seen from the pandemic. I would still advise that.

Best,
Laurie

Laurie,
Some doctors will still only write one month at a time, depending on the drug. Florida is a State where it's very hard to get some prescriptions for more than 30 days, so the mail is a big concern because mail-orders are allowed for 90-day prescriptions. I save a hundred dollars a month by getting mail-order prescriptions. If I don't go with mail, some of my doctors will only write one month at a time.
Al, My brother, who has dementia and is 84, just had his first trip to the VA yesterday. I guess they are taking over his meds. I couldn't get information from him or his wife as they are both confused. I'm their only living relative in Florida. Both their daughters live in NY State so I'm going to try to go with them on their next visit. Up to now, he gets all his meds at Walmart and pays a very small co-pay. I hope the social worker explains what we need to do.

Yes, it's true that most plans mandate mail for 90-day fills. By giving yourself lead time, that should not be an issue. I hope you can straighten out what's going on with your brother.

If it's a generic med, it is also a relatively option to pay cash for the extra fills, even at a retail store.

Some states like ours issued emergency orders allowing for a one-time "between fills" fill -- something to check out for other states.

Last edited:
Most of the doctors in this area just won't give you 90-days unless their offices fax it to the mail-order location. I get one med from Canada because it's less expensive than the generic here. I just wish things could be simplified on a national basis.

Yes, that's what I meant, faxing it or perferably electronically transmitting it via an app to the mail order pharmacy for a 90-day fill. Is there some reason that doesn't work?

Last edited:
The trouble I've had is that mail order scripts are getting slower and slower.....at least here. I get a compounded med from a pharmacy 45 minutes from here that took two weeks by mail. That was OK because I've been stockpiling my meds for years but some people don't or can't.

Just a note that practices get "faster" service for you by using their practice platform rather than faxes to transmit rx. Does no harm to get all your rx filled by the more modern practice, even if some rx are managed by another doc.

is 2 weeks the time for it to go through the mail or the total time from your request to the doctor until you get it? If the latter there are lots of potential hold up places. If you have tracking and it is 2 weeks in transit that is pretty bad.

I paid attention to my recent riluzole refill because of this thread. It took a couple of days to process but the actual transit time ( Philadelphia to my mailbox) was under 48 hours. Clearly the issues are geographic but I suspect also a matter of luck My regular carrier mentioned the other week that my complex had been skipped for delivery the previous day.

Unacceptable Nikki, as a retired postal carrier we couldn't just skip delivery areas.

I wouldn’t have noticed. I get very few pieces of real mail. Our mailroom is something like 180 mailboxes though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back