Diagnosis
11/2012
Country
US
State
CO
City
Colorado Springs
Hmm, I always thought that was part of VR&E so I never looked into it since I am retired. Figured it did not apply.

Here is one response from a Vet's cALS

... This is very true. We live in AR and my husband received...whole home generator, outdoor wheelchair (track chair), adaptive hunting equipment,king temperpedic memory foam mattress with adjustable base, ceiling lift system. Start with your PVA rep to get their number and ask for whatever will mk you more independent, even recreational stuff cause you can only receive this one time so think down the road stuff. Only thing we were denied was tornado shelter.​

Yes. VA ILP is incredibly generous. Their reason for existing is to give the veteran whatever he needs to maximize his ability to enjoy life. The list of stuff they have purchased for vets is Yuuuge. If you need a photography darkroom, there it is. If a jon boat helps you, there it is.

However, my knowledge might be dated. Greg's post below is relevant.

EVERY VETERAN should join that web forum "Veterans Benefits Network" that GregK pointed to. I was a member for years. The concept of "just vets helping vets" works real well there, because some of the vets there (there are thousands of active members) are also experts working at the VA.

Last edited:
I could have sworn that I already posted this...

But the ILP seems to have shriveled, this is the response I got from PVA today:
Independent Living use to provide a number of benefits to veterans when I began working at the Denver Service Office; however, they have greatly curtailed the services they provide at this time and currently refer veterans to the hospital for most items as the medical necessity becomes a part of the equipment evaluation. Veterans now receive Assistive Technology through a team at the Denver Prosthetic clinic, and per the Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment page on Independent Living, it appears they would refer you to SAH for home modification items, which a generator would likely be classified. If you want additional information, please advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back