Diagnosis
08/2019
Country
US
State
MT
City
Big sky country
I have almost no use of my hands and arms at this point, but my voice is still fairly strong. I use the Voice Control accessibility feature on the Apple iPhone and iPad quite extensively. The one big issue I've run into is that when making outgoing calls, Voice Control stops listening after the call is dialed - so I am unable to hang up a call if someone doesn't answer or I go to voicemail, and I am not able to dial extension numbers or call routing number selections (i.e., Press 1 For This or Press 2 For That…). It's a bit of a problem if no one is around to help me.

I have found that if I use an Alexa device to make outgoing calls, it still is listening after the call is dialed. So, I can say things like:
Alexa, hang up
Alexa, Press 1
Alexa, Press 123#

This way, I can still call businesses - such as financial institutions - and enter Account numbers, etc. to get through the ridiculous front end phone systems or easily hang up if the call is not answered. One less frustration!

You may need to set up some things in the Communications section of the Amazon Alexa app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back