02/2020
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Bordentown
Hello,

We are managing my husband’s mucus issues and use a suction machine at home. I was wondering if others have had success with using a portable suction machine when out of the house. We have not been able to get out since his mucus has been more of a problem. We use the scopolamine patch and quaifenesin along with saline nebulizer and other strategies.

He can really get into a coughing/choking straining episode and I am hoping at least being able to suction outside of the house would help.

I’ve really appreciated all of the info I have found on this site. My husband was diagnosed in Feb 2020 and has had a fast progression.

Thank you

I routinely use a battery-powered DeVilbiss 7314P portable suction machine, both and home and while out. I have no issues using it on battery power. I found no difference in the suction capability between this unit running on battery power and my original unit that required a wall plug or 12-volt car outlet. The battery lasts about 14 days before recharging is required. An added plus in using this unit is that it is significantly quieter than the first unit.

As far as slowing down the constant flow, you might consider Atropine drops or botox. Atropine seems to work better for me than scopolamine. My first botox shots were only in the upper salivary glans and only provided minor relief. I go back next week for a second shot in the upper glans and initial shots in the lower one.

Thanks for your feedback. We just got the Devilbiss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back