Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
Pennsylvania
City
Horsham
Hello people reading my thread hopefully. For a month now I’ve been experiencing Fasciculations that are not painful in both of my biceps, chest, back and thighs with less common Fasciculations in my neck. Pretty much Fasciculations everywhere everyday. My grandfather passed away from als. I’ve had CBC with checking my muscle enzymes and such with cane back clean. I’ve left this for last but I’m a 15 year old so as horrible of a disease als can be I’ve not yet even lived my life yet, not even close and I need some advice on if you think as to what I should do. I’m freaking out and it’s taking over my life. I get Fasciculations everywhere almost and they are constant. I have no very noticeable weakness or coordination’s issues. I have some perceived weakness but I feel that might be becuase I’m scared of having als and I’m just telling myself that. I’m not an active person as I am homeschooled and don’t go out very much. Please respond and thank you I so much.

Fasiculations mean squat, nada, zip, zero, zilch.

Fasiculations are far too common to be diagnostic of anything, much less ALS.

Go see your Doctor or parents about your anxiety, but forget ALS.

Connor,

Definitely see your doc or just any adult that you can talk to, about some skills you can learn to freak out less. It's like when you learn to write or ride a bike, some people take to it right away and some people need more practice.

Very sorry about your grandfather and I'm sure that is scary, but that does not increase the chances of ALS for you.

Since you are homeschooled and not very active, you might spend too much screen/alone time worrying about this stuff. Instead, you could volunteer to help out with some younger kids at an after-school tutoring program or boy's club, or spread some cheer at a nursing home, or just get out to the park, library, mall, whatever, and meet some people along the way.

Best,
Laurie

I just took a walk to a nearby store and about half way there my feet began to feel very warm and fatigued also my legs just felt weird like they were rigid as if I was made of tin. On the way back I was lightheaded and sweating and my thighs actually burn and are tired more so on the right side. I’m freaking out I’m 15 and idk what to do.

Also may I ask how significant is the beginning onset of fatigue. I do push-ups daily and I haven been going out much lately but now I can only get to 45 without being drop dead tired. Which is down from before. I can still walk up and down stairs and can jog for a bit but it seems I get tired way faster than normal and my legs just get on fire and my arms just don’t wanna go up. I’m still having Fasciculations everywhere also and my head feels like it’s vibrating constantly. On the way home from the store I almost thought I was gonna pass out. Like just drop on the floor becuase I was just so tired.

Last edited:
Have you discussed your concerns with your parents? You don’t have ALS. You need to find some way to calm yourself down. I recommend talking to your parents and trying to get involved in other activities and maybe counseling. I like Laurie’s ideas.

You've got to go see a doctor. You need to be able to sit down in person with someone and tell them about your concerns and how you feel. Strangers on the internet aren't the best resource for someone who is so anxious about their health. If you don't feel comfortable with telling your parents, talk to your family doctor, a relative or a friend.

You can't continue posting here. It's just not the place for you. Please let us know when you've spoken to a doctor and what they say. It's not ok to keep posting here- there is nothing we can do for you. Three people have now told you to see your doctor and that you don't belong here. If you keep posting about your muscles here without seeing a doctor this thread will be closed. Please listen to the advice you've been given and go see a doctor or talk to an adult you trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back