PALS
Diagnosis
09/2017
Country
HR
State
Croatia
hi,
i use everyday my legs less and less... just to walk in house, or sometimes treadmill. i have (lets say) hunger for walking and standing. i must stand or walk at least few minutes. does anybody share this feeling?

nona

Forum Supporter
Distinguished member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
02/2015
Country
US
State
NH
Definitely. I almost love to have to transfer to the toilet or bed. Shall we dance?

KimT

Forum Supporter
Extremely helpful member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
08/2015
Country
US
State
South
If I could, I'd run 10 miles with a huge smile on my face. I'm grateful I can still walk but the treadmill makes my feet and back hurt. I went to the mall today and walked a little. Got tired but went pretty far, for me.

I always feel the urgency of standing/walking. I was never sedentary so sitting on my butt all day feels uncomfortable. I actually feel better in bed than sitting.

mytmouz

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
07/2019
Country
US
State
MS
When I first wake up,I start to get out of bed to go to the bathroom, them reality kicks in, and I can't stand. I sure do miss it...

Nanders

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
11/2019
Country
US
State
AZ
Absolutely,I dream of running at night & I never ran in my life...except being chased, lol.
I still wake every morning expecting to be able to just hop out of bed and 'go'!
'Not so fast' says body very quickly! I've had to use a walker for about a month before my diagnosis.
It still feels odd to not be able to just get up from a chair, in and out of the car. I look at my legs and think you guys should just lift? They don't listen well.
I'm grateful to have the feeling because I use it to talk them into giving their all ( what's left anyway 😉 )
Everyday is a new experience.. & only being a week into this I'm still figuring it all out too.
Thanks for sharing.. It's nice to know we're not alone.
Nancy

Kristina1

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
03/2017
Country
US
State
MA
me too. And I often see a short distance and get this false confidence that I could make it. My lift chair and the sofa are perpendicularly about 3 feet apart. The other day my youngest had barelled into my older two on the sofa, giggling hysterically, and I wanted to join them and I got it into my heaad that I could make it...it's such a short distance! I gott myself up, made it one wobbly step, then realized I was about to fall so I dove forward hoping to make it the remaining distance and ended up in a heap on the floor in front of the couch. I imagine this is how babies first learning to walk must feel.