Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Flower Mound
So mom is being moved to hospice tomorrow from hospital She asked my stepdad is this short term care or to die, he answered long term care and she could stay as long as she wants. My moms sister, my aunt who was a nurse said she thinks she has about a month..
I live in TX and mom up in Wis, I'm ready ro come visit next week, but step dad thinks I should wait another week so she can get settled in, wtf is that? I know he is old and this is so hard on him, but I want o see my mommy..it has been 2 months since I have seen her..I want to just be, ya know..even my hubby's says stuff like well there is just so much u can do, I don't want to do anything, I want to be...when r men going understand us woman? We don't want to do, we just want to be together..and not solve anything but just hang together...this hurts so much I cannot tell u...mom needs to be dancing with Jesus and stop worrying about everyone, I know she won't go anywhwere till I come..I want to say f u all, this is my mother and I want to be there, can't for the life of me think of what to say to her, What do u say? ...thanks for letting me vent tonight...thank God for he made the wine out of water cuz I've had a little!

panda bear

Panda bear,
Go! Go! Go! Our prayers go with you!

Jen

Its your mom. Do what your heart tells you to do.

I often wondered what I would say in my sweetheart's last moments here with me. I bore my heart to him. I told him how grateful I was to have found him, that he was my best friend, and the love of my life, and I will forever love, remember, and cherish him. That he has been an amazing and loving father and husband and that he had done so well, but that it was okay to let go. I would make sure our children knew who thier Dadda was, where he was, and that we would see him soon, but it was okay to let go now. With that, I kissed him goodbye as he took his last breath, and I closed his eyes.

I say all this to say, let your mom know your heart, .. that you love her, are grateful for her and to have her as a loving Momma and best friend, that you will forever love cherish and remember her, and that its okay to let go, and that you will see her soon. Let her know, she has fought the fight bravely, but its okay to let go now, you will be okay. Give her the peace she needs to be able to leave you. *hugs* and much love.

Agree with the others just go! Every day that passes us a day you can't get back. Safe travels!

Please please go see your Mom. Nothing can replace the time you can spend with her...just holding her hand will make her happy. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

thank you all..I am going!..yes yes yes...My step dad doesn't understand the kind of care she will get in hospice, like he thinks she will get PT ect..I will head up there next week and love her...I hear the room is beautiful and even has her own veranda where she can sit in the sun..how awesome is that for a woman who loved the beach!...I feel better today since I made up my mind and my dear Aunt said come, she will love that I am there!...Mom and Dad were divorced when I was a kid, I was always so close to mom, she is the best friend and mother, the most unselfish person I have ever met in my life..never wants to bother anyone..I know she needs me!...happier now!

It doesn't matter what the circumstances are, your Mom will love to see you no matter what, and maybe you can help her settle in better. GO and enjoy! You can go back again for a few days, but you won't regret going now.

Also, my Mom's theory has always been that the more visitors a patient gets in a facility, the better care that patient will get from the caregivers...

Have a great visit!

Love that Helen!...

Go go go, and take a large box of chocolates, to leave in your mother's room, for her to offer the nurses when they come in. (That was my mom's theory about good care Helen, thanks for jogging my memory.)

So glad that you're going to see your Mom!

Glad you decided to go - absolutely agree with the others, go spend as much time as you can with her, I'm sure it will mean a lot to her to have you there.
Have a safe trip.

I'm so glad that you are going. Your mom is going to be so happy to see you! Enjoy this special time together. Safe travels!

Let us know how your trip was when you get back. I'm sure it will be overwhelming, but so good a boost for your Mom.

Youll never regret that you went. you would regret not going.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back