Status
Not open for further replies.
Affected, thanks for the reassurance. You are the best.

I know what bulbar should be given my mom is suffering from it now as well. It wasn't her first symptom (she couldn't grip her hand and had drop foot) which is why I was asking how bulbar can onset. Probably thinking irrationally but I guess it's due to the stress and anxiety in the past couple months or so. And I feel so anxious about these symptoms that I just have to find a cause or something even the despite having normal results.

It can always be from other things like GERD and anxiety. I need to do a better job in keeping the latter in check.

Sorry for another question... but did anyone experience hoarseness before actual changes in speech? I do notice it's getting harder to talk like I'm losing my breath and that there's excess mucus or something in my throat. No one has said my voice has changed, but I feel like it's getting deeper.

No hoarse voice is not a bulbar symptom - you are trying to convince yourself and doing yourself no favours at all.

Hoarse voice sounds like GERD.

Thanks again for your reply. I am doing my best not to try and convince myself, but these symptoms are still around and I just don't understand. Today at least breathing wasn't as difficult as yesterday and I barely had any excess mucus.

My upper back pain has been more prominent today. Some time mid- to late last year, I was doing pullups and felt a stinging pain in my upper back pain. It's been untreated and only occasionally comes around whenever I work out. The upper back pain has gotten worse to the point where my right shoulder and right side of my neck are affected. It stings and burns as well. Then what I noticed was that my right side looks a lot smaller v. my left when my wife took pictures of my back. I feel like this could possibly be some weakness (although theoretically not clinical yet) and could explain the symptoms and weakness I have been noticing on my right side where I can't do as much v. left.

Has anyone also experienced something like this where there was upper back/neck/shoulder pain in the beginning? I know pain is not usually the first symptom, but I thought I read some cases where it was. Either way, wouldn't the EMG/NCV of right arm detect anything despite this pain that's going on?

Hon it's time to stop.

We need our time and energy to support people who are terminally ill, or caring for them.

You do NOT have ANY ALS symptoms. None.

You are going around in circles, and it is all indicative of high anxiety. We are not an anxiety forum nor a general health forum. We have one priority only - ALS.

This site will welcome you to discuss your concerns.

http://www.anxietyzone.com/

All the best.

Thanks for the prompt reply, affected. I really do appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back