Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
Virginia
City
Stafford
Hello everyone! Sorry its been awhile since either myself or my mom(pmbenb83) has been on. Lets see what has been going on..

Well my dad offically retired on June 19,2008. It was a sad and sureal event. A couple of days after the retirement I felt as if I was in a dream. It feels wierd to say to people when they ask about what my parents do to say..."oh my dad is retired...yeah hes only 46". They then in turn look at me with a stund look like "omg hes so young!" Then after that I have to inform them, when they ask, on why he is retired so early. And not that I mind informing people about the disease but it hurts and sometimes I just want to break down and cry while telling them.

I dont live at home anymore, so I dont get to see him everyday. My boyfriend and I are heading home this weekend for my dads big retirement blow out party! No one knows how to party better than my family! My boyfriend and I were watching a movie the other night and I started to break down and cry....the part in the movie is one that I want my dad to do when its my time to get married and eventually have children.....so hopefully that wont be to much longer because I want him to walk me down the alise not having to be rolled down the alise. But thats not happening anytiem soon(dont panic mom!).

Well time for me to sign off and get back to my life down here...I will update you guys when I have more info on dad and whats going on! But as far as I know...he still has his movement in his legs, and arms...but his right arm is still bad. The left one is his good one as of now! But that wont stop him from the party this weekend!

Talk to you all soon!

Take care!

Thanks for the update, Heather. Have a great time at the party.

Sharonca

Thanks for updating us, Heather. It sure is true that we don't know what lies ahead and although it's painful to speculate about what things may be like when it's your time to walk down the aisle, there's no telling what will actually be. I hope you can take it a day at a time and live for the moment enjoying whatever time you have with your dad. Think of what you have instead of what you might not have. (Of course, I realize the movie you watched set off these painful thoughts and emotions, and those kinds of thoughts and emotions are bound to creep up on you again. But I hope for you that you can for the most part live in the now and enjoy the time you have with your dad.)

Have a safe trip to your family's and a great weekend with your dad. I hope the party is a blast!

Take care, Heather.

All the best,
Jane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back