Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
BE
State
BX
Hello everyone, I'm here to give you some news.
I did my 2nd emg today.
The neurologist tested my left hand, the first interosseous muscle of the left hand, my elbow, my biceps, my tibia and my foot of the right leg.
Everything came back clean.
As for my symptoms since the beginning it has evolved a little but I have to look elsewhere als has been ruled out.
My complaints today are mainly in my throat, fasciculations in my throat and food that seems to be stuck which has been tickling my throat and causing coughing for months.
I need to find out what's wrong I'll look elsewhere.

I'm not going to insist on thinking I have a bulbar form that would be nonsense even though I know something is wrong with my body (long covid?)
I wanted to thank all the wonderful people in this forum and wish them all the best. I would like to thank all the beautiful people in this forum and wish them all the best. Please don't hesitate to leave the name of an association to which I can make a donation in reply.
Take care and thank you very much for all you do.

Old thread here Cramp twitching denervation

thank you for the update and great news. Long covid is definitely a thing. If that is your answer then good news is it seems to get better eventually

given your location you donate to ENCALS. Good luck!

Good news! Let's hope it's not like last time when you did not believe the results of the EMG. Life is short; enjoy it and be grateful you're not terminally ill.

Good luck and take good care.

Thank you all for your answers.
Unfortunately my condition is deteriorating. I was consulted by a pneumologist for my complaints of chronic dry cough (especially after meals and especially and like the impression that food is sucked into my bronchi) and a horrible intermittent fever for 3 days. The pneumologist examined me and found a problem with my 2 lungs in the upper part (wheezing and crackles) and I did a lung test. I admit that I am worried in the short term. My throat is so irritated since I feel that I do not swallow properly and that my bronchial tubes are congested) I have never had this kind of problem. The pneumologist does not exclude a problem of bronchial inhalation. 2EMG clean of the limbs (hand + biceps + foot etc) I admit that this discovery worries me.

Attachments

• 20230401_093506.jpg
    20230401_093506.jpg
    528.4 KB · Views: 60
Bronchial inhalation is not a problem in ALS. What will it take for you to let go of this unfounded fear? Please remember your audience: those with ALS and their caregivers, of which you are neither. That's a very good thing.

Please go talk to someone who can help you move past this. In the meantime, keep working with your docs.

Take care.

As Bestfriends says, this is not an issue for this forum and needs in- person medical attention. Please return to your doctor. I will be closing this thread. Please do not open another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back