Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
CA
City
Sacramento
https://www.alsforums.com/forum/do-i-have-als-als/43187-really-worried.html

Hi everyone and thank you very very very much for your helpful information.
Let me start by saying that I went to a neurologist (who specializes in EMG) and he did an EMG on me. He said everything looks better than normal. He’s an experienced guy and he’s been doing this for more than 25 years.

My question is, the emg was done on the right side of my body, right leg and right arm (2 spots on each limb), however, the weakness and fasciculation were more on my left side. Would it still show up on the Emg if there was anything wrong?

Thank you all for your time and god bless you
Sina

You are doing exactly what I told you might happen. It doesn’t matter that the other side was more symptomatic. People with ALS often show emg changes in completely asymptomatic areas.

Your very experienced neurologist told you no ALS but you insisted on an EMG and now you don’t believe it. You don’t have ALS.

Yes, a PALS' EMG shows abnormalities even in muscles that are not symptomatic, as Nikki says. You have nothing to worry about in terms of ALS, so don't waste another minute thinking about it. Get out and do the things that PALS here can't.

Best,
Laurie

Thank you all for your responses. God bless you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back