AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience and to help support our community please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rasmus

Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
FI
State
Keski-Suomi
Sorry to open a new thread, but nothing else seems to help.
I know you told me to go to a doctor, but I physically have not had the time, and I'm going to another country for a few weeks soon.

I still get back pain and my back is very sore. The muscles of my neck and shoulders also feel sore and burning. My father, who is a veterinarian, massaged my back and said that it's not spasticity at least. He's not a doctor but he's somewhat knowledgeable on human medicine.

However, I have developed a very often recurring twitch in the outside edge of my left foot. It's commonly triggered by walking or moving the foot, and at night when I lay in bed it's near constant, especially if I think about it. Sometimes the twitch is so strong that it moves my pink toe.

I have also had similar twiches in my hand, which also sometimes move my fingers. Another thing is that I've also had twitching in my inner ear. Now that I think about it, I've had twitching for at least 3.5 years if you count that, as the very first twitching I got was in my inner ear. It was a sort of irregular fluttering sound in my ear that would make it hard to sleep, but while annoying, I didn't think much of it then.

Has anyone heard of inner ear twitching with ALS?

I've stopped worrying about my speech, and I haven't really had any swallowing issues either, except often when I'm finishing up a meal, I feel like there's a bit of food stuck in my throat, and I'll choke on it if I don't cough it up, and when I do cough little pieces of food sometimes come up.

The muscles of my feet also often hurt when I'm walking, although I still can't be sure whether it's cramping or just pain, since the muscle often feels flaccid when I massage it.

ShiftKicker

Reason
DX UMND/PLS
Diagnosis
06/2015
Country
CA
State
BC
Mod note, past thread here: https://www.alsforums.com/forum/do-i-have-als-als/42299-twitching-3-years-no-weakness-but-now-cramps.html

Rasmus, you were told to visit with a doctor the last time. You have chosen not to take the advice of the folks here because you didn't make the time. Please visit with a doctor. Do not open another thread until you have made an effort to visit with a doctor. There is nothing people here can do for you if you won't even bother to get a doctor's appt.

Thread closed. Do not open another until you have seen a doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock