Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
Us
State
Georgia
City
Atlanta
Thank you all very much for your help some months ago with my initial post. https://www.alsforums.com/forum/do-i-have-als-als/41898-am-i-overreacting.html

Wanted to provide an update, as after weeks of not worrying about this, new symptoms have me quite concerned.

I woke up one morning a few months back to notice that I couldn't walk on my left heel. This scared me enough to visit a doctor and he told me to give it a month. As of now, my drop foot has improved considerably. I can walk on my left heel as long as I want with no difficulty. However, my left big toe is still very weak and bends down much easier than my right toe when force is applied.

I actually lost all anxiety over this issue as I was told that with ALS, nothing gets better.

That was until I found some other abnormalities, and I was hoping I could get an opinion on it.

In my last thread, I mentioned twitching in my left quad whenever I put weight on it or flexed it. The twitch is still there. But now, the twitch happens all the time. Weight applied or not, my left quad twitches so much it keeps me up at night some times. Some days it's worse, some days it only twitches occasionally. I also have sporadic twitching in other areas, like my left pectoral and both arms, but the leg twitches are the worst.

I believed them to be anxiety or stress related but now I'm not so sure. When I hold both thighs in my hands and flex, my right quad seems normal. The muscle contracts and grows. The left leg however, scares the crap out of me. It doesnt move, is softer and doesnt contract fully. I also have severe balance issues when standing on my left leg. I can balance on it for a while but is extremely difficult. I also feel the bones in my ankle shifting whenever I try to balance.

I do also have twitching in my left calf and shin muscles.

What really scares me is the difference in contraction in my left quad compared to my right quad, along with persistant twitching, especially in the left leg.

I think the reason I am scared of ALS is because there is weakness (drop foot but now weak toe, weak contraction of left quad), along with fasiculations.

I'm at my wits end and my GP cant see me for a week.

Thank you for your help.

Your "drop foot" got better. In ALS nothing gets better, regardless of how many other symptoms you perceive to have. In other words, you do not have ALSand to reiterate what you've been told numerous times by different people. I hope for your sake, this means you move on from this forum and work with your GP to focus on whatever is the issue. It's not ALS and that's great for you.

Take good care and good luck to you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back