State
PA
City
Philadelphia
Those of you who know my story, my main three symptoms are the following:

1.) Twitching
2.) Atrophy
3.) Shoulders popping and clicking.

Well, I got my MRI back today from the hospital. This was only my right shoulder but my left shoulder is doing the same exact thing. I have anteroinferior labral tear. I dont see the orthpedic doc for 10 days but I have to assume surgery is necessary. Could this be related to muscle atrophy in my shoudlers? To me, YES. But what do I know Im not a doctor. What do u guys thinks? (Annmarie, Leslie, Jamie, and all others can chime in)...

Hi Lou- sounds painful!:cry: How on earth did this happen? Did you fall? were you playing football? :-D
However it happened I hope they fix you up soon. So sorry you are in pain. Cindy

Hi Lou - finally, a test that at least shows something to work with. I am pretty sure that the MRI would also show the atrophy. Did you get a copy and read the results yourself? I also think it would show inflammation. I tried doing some research for you, but there isn't too much that relates to both atrophy or inflammation along with the tear. You can't see the type of inflammation that occurs with disease, but it, as well as atrophy, usually show up on MRI. I totally think that whatever disease process is going on with you is the cause of the tear. I have awoken in the night from simply rolling over with excruciating shoulder pain. Maybe the docs will pay some attention now. I would make sure you let your neuro know as well. Also, from what I read about this, an athroscopy (scope) is the only true way of diagnosing your tear and if the muscle is not atrophied they will stitch it back together. I really hope it is not atrophied because then it will be more difficult to treat. I don't think it is a coincidence that you have this tear, I think it is related to the rest of your symptoms. Keep us posted. :)

http://radiographics.rsnajnls.org/cgi/content/full/23/2/381

At one point I dislocated my shoulder and it still pops in and out to this day. I was in a lot of pain, but I did not need surgery- just a lot of PT. Hope that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back