PALS
Country
US
State
NY
City
Astoria
Hello everyone,

It's been awhile since I posted. Quick refresher, my last neurologist appointment was in November, clean EMG again. I've been having fasisculations for about a year.

Lately I've had a couple new symptoms. The twitching was first in my left calves and the pinkie side of my left hand. I now have twitching in the muscle on top of my hand between index and thumb on both hands. My left index finger also feels sort of clumsy, like I find myself missing keys on the keyboard.

Also, just recently I have this weird pop on the inside of my left knee when I bend it, like a tendon or something is popping into place.

Long story short, i"m getting worried again. Does this sound like progression>

NO - ALS does not progress like this.

sigma~

Hi, other than twitching is there any other sx that you feel that are progressing? I would try not to worry about twitching alone, I think that your nerves are irritated. I have been twitching for a year as well, with 2 clean emgs, so I do understand how you feel. Your index fingers, do they feel stiff or ache? If you can do most things, then try not to worry.....that is what I try to tell myself.

~april

Hello everyone,

It's been awhile since I posted. Quick refresher, my last neurologist appointment was in November, clean EMG again. I've been having fasisculations for about a year.

Lately I've had a couple new symptoms. The twitching was first in my left calves and the pinkie side of my left hand. I now have twitching in the muscle on top of my hand between index and thumb on both hands. My left index finger also feels sort of clumsy, like I find myself missing keys on the keyboard.

Also, just recently I have this weird pop on the inside of my left knee when I bend it, like a tendon or something is popping into place.

Long story short, i"m getting worried again. Does this sound like progression>

Welcome to the wonderful world of BFS (complete with twitching, joint popping, tendon snapping). If its of any help - I twitch, crack and pop everywhere for about 2 years now and am in much better physical shape than when it started :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back