Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s really hard to tell from the pictures. Even if there is atrophy, that would not be specific for ALS. Other conditions can cause atrophy. We can not diagnose. I’m sorry you’re worried about this. Your neurologist will have answers for you. Sorry you have to wait, but there it is. I think in your case, good things come to those who wait.

Thank you so much! I do appreciate your thoughts and your time! I sometimes let my anxiety get the best of me..thank you again ❤️

I have an additional Neurological appointment at IU July 10. I have posted some pictures as I was hoping to get responses on if it was atrophy. I am noticing it everywhere and even my left 4th toe feels like it’s either numb or just not able to move itself off the other toe.. makes for an interesting feeling inside my shoe. I have been loosing weight since December but that seems to be coming off really quickly right now. Fingers are so stiff and there is tingling, numbness and burning in hands, arms, shoulders and feet. My legs feel like jelly if you will. I know my last EMg only showed carpal tunnel in my upper extremities but not sure that would cause these symptoms? Lots of twitches in back, shoulders and feet. I am so so scared. I have a read some threads and it seems most people diagnosed had no idea things were going on until one specific event took them to the doctor.. Am I crazy here thinking all these tiny things could be going on or just face the fact that so know have atrophy followed by weakness? Should I be loosing all this weight without having swallowing issues. I do have a ton of extra saliva but EGD was ok? Based on those pictures should I be calling my doctor and telling him these new symptoms? I had trouble picking popcorn out of the bowl last night.. they were like jelly?

The numbness and burning sounds more like pinched nerves (neuropathy or radiculopathy) and points away from ALS.

Did you have an MRI of brain with contrast? MS ruled out?

It’s been a few years ago.. probably should be redone. My maternal aunt and maternal first cousin have MS. I am starting to find that my fingers lay on his other at rest and my left toe is starting to do this as well?

Vangie, 13 years with leukemia is a long time and many treatments can damage nerves over time. I don't see atrophy particularly in the photos, but they're photos. Still, as Karen points out, even if you have atrophy, there are multiple possible causes. Your basic question is whether these little things could add up to ALS, and all the evidence says no. I would use the month until your next appointment to experiment a little with what approaches can improve your symptoms, from massage to nutrition.

Thank you all so much... I am going to take your advice and will hop back on next month after my appointment with my neurologist. Thanks for you impute and wisdom, time and patience. God bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back