Diagnosis
06/2017
Country
US
State
Georgia
City
Savannah
Since you folks were so kind to give me advice and information, I wanted to give you an update. You may remember that I asked if my mother would be eligible for any benefits because my father passed away 3 weeks after his diagnosis and we hadn't filed for disability benefits for him. The PVA in Augusta, Ga had told me that she would be denied anything because he wasn't service connected prior to his death.

I had to order his DD214. We got it in early December and decided to go to our local VA office in Savannah, GA to file the claim. We filed on December 11. We were told that it could take up to six months for a decision. On January 8, she received her first DIC check! It was for November and December! We received the award letter today!

Again, thank you for your valuable input. Would've never know mom was eligible for anything if I hadn't stumbled upon this site. God is good! God bless you all!

WOWOWOWOWOWOW. THIS is why we're here. Thanks for getting back to us.

Great news and a great reminder to all. Always, always file a claim, no matter what the circumstances are.

Great news!

Wonderful news, thank you for sharing with us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back