Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Louisiana
City
New Orleans
Hey there again,
I am back. I had another apt. With my GP today , and she gave me a referral to see the neurologist. She said I may need an EMG provided by neuro (which scares me she has such concerns) my right knee is at a 3 reflex which scares me because they are asymmetrical reflex in knees. That pretty much confirmed it for me.

Also tounge issues have arose...soreness , right side is weaker, strange tingling sensations, what feels like to be fasc. But when I look in mirror can't see them. Nasal hoarse voice. My calf muscle seem to be contracting like crazy allllllllll the time, I can feel them wiggling around.

The sensory issues I have seem to be the only thing I'm clinging to right now for hope it's not what I think it is. Anyway so my question is, the brisk 3 asymetrical reflex in knee jerk, is that a hallmark sign coupled with all my other symptoms?(the brisk knee feels extremely sensitive, overwhelming sensation in that nerve)

Thank you so so much for responses, this forum is absolutely amazing and is the only thing keeping me calm.

Goodness me honey, this is the problem with anxiety.

You feel that everything is pointing like a big red arrow straight to ALS.

Those of us dealing with the disease, and knowing it well, read carefully over every detail you have written and exclaim - how in the hell can you have ALS so determinedly in your head as this is NOTHING like ALS onset?

All the best, you truly don't show a single thing that concerns me. (I just read back over all your previous posts to refresh my memory) Your reflexes could have a thousand causes that are so much more likely than ALS. I hope the neurologist will be able to solve your health issues and put your fears to rest, and get you on the road to health again.

Thank you so much, you have made me feel almost 100 percent better. I will post after visit with neruo. Do not know wgen that will be yet. I have to wait on a phone call from the office i have been referred to. Again, thank you so much

Hey guys! So idk if this is the right thread to be asking, but I didn't want to make a new one. Has anybody found out the FDA approval update for GM6, or have they done anymore trials? I tried to research it but can't find up to date info. I saw a petition for the fast fda approval but it would not let me sign. If anybody has new info or a link so I can sign something, rally, or something I can do please send it. Would really like to know where it stands at this point.

GM6 seems to be at a standstill, but why are you looking into it when you don't have ALS? You could put your energy into living all you can with every day you have, or maybe volunteer helping people who are terminally ill could be a great use of your time?

Thanks for respecting the rule not to start a new thread :)

The EMG will give your MD a better idea of what is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back