Diagnosis
11/2005
Country
US
State
Louisiana
City
Winnsboro
I went to see Dr. Vedanarayanan, professor of neurology at the University of Mississippi Medical center on July 3rd. Upon completion of his physical examination of me he said what I had didn't appear to be ALS, due to not having any stiffness in my body and the lack of spascisity in my body. He said the problems lies within the miscommunication of the nerve cells sending signals to the muscles but said he felt like it was confined to the spinal region, and that there was not a problem with signals being sent from the brain. They did quite a bit of bloodwork and I went back on July 28th for more bloodwork and my 4th EMG. He referred to my problem being in the area of Spinal Muscular Atrophy. He wants to wait for the results of the last bloodwork which is genetic testing to determine if he is going to recommend IVIG treatments again for me. He is also wanting to do a muscle biopsy and a spinal tap within the next 2 months. I really feel confident in this Dr. and he assured me they were going to do the best they could to try and help me. Please remember me in your prayers and may God bless each of you.

Sounds like you're in good hands Jake. Take care.

AL.

Al,

Thanks so much for the encouragement and I'm praying and believing that there is something out there to help this weakness in my body. May God continue to keep his hands upon you Al and also your family.

Jake,
This is great! It sounds as if you've got a doctor who will do all he can to help you.
Blessings,
Jane

Jane,

Thanks so much. Yes I really feel good about this Dr. He is 50 yrs old and from India, he said he has been living in the U.S. now for 25 yrs. It's just that 1 on 1 interaction that I feel from him that I didn't get when I went to Houston back in Nov. of 2005. May God bless you and your family Jane.

I am so glad you were able to find a Doctor you can talk to and have them actually listen. It is sad that they are hard to find these days.

Never give up. Keep hope alive. :-D

Dear Jake....I will remember you in my prayers! May the Lord bless you and keep you, and His face shine upon you! :-D

take care
lovelily

Capt. Al,

Thanks so much for your reply. I hope your still doing well and that God continues to bless you each and every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back