Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
KY
City
Nancy
So I went to the neurologist yesterday told him all my concerns about ALS .he did a neurological exam said I passed with flying colors..with the exception of having brisk reflexes...had my EMG and said there's no als. But I do want to add that I believe he kind of blew through the exam and didn't take me seriously. Idk. Said he was checking me for lupus and sjorgrens disease and maybe a thyroid disorder.. Wich I believe is a waste of his time...so now I'm stuck here with no real answers...said if he can't figure out what I have then he will have to get help from his friend from Chicago. But I do want to thank you all for giving me your opinion in my last thread...you all were very helpful and I wish you all the best.

Well you have been cleared of ALs twice sorry you can’t believe it. Your doctor is pursuing this with a well thought plan by the sounds of things.

Perhaps while pursuing this path you should consider having someone professional to talk to to give you support.

Thank you for letting us know the doctor’s assessment.

Good luck for a long and happy life

Angela,
I really am not sure what else you’re looking for—Neuro confirmed with a clinical exam and EMG that there’s NO ALS. Docs don’t ‘blow through’ a clinical—they have already assessed how you walked into the office and moved,etc and they know what to look for. I’m sorry you didn’t feel heard but if you were focusing on ALS at the appt the way you have been on this forum, it may be that the doc didn’t feel that he could convince you otherwise. No ALS ! Yay! Work with the doc to find a cause for your physical issues but time to let ALS go. Congratulations!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back